Opinions on the RX-8

Off-Topic Discussions
bubbaflaat

Opinions on the RX-8

Post by bubbaflaat »

Alright, I've kinda talked about it here and there on the forum. So I just decided to make a new thread on it. The question is, to the people who HAVE DRIVEN one. What did you think? I've heard so many people saying how awesome it is on this forum and then after they say its awesome. They say "I wish I could drive one". Now I had an oppertunity to drive a brand new one that my buddy owns. And I was not impressed one bit. Now granted I didn't go autocrossing with it, which is what they are spose to be best at. I drove it mildly around town, and for the most part. The engine SUCKED! Very powerless, and even when high in RPMs it wasn't quick or fun. Now for the price of an RX-8 I would pick many other cars any day. This was the Manual edition RX-8, not the automatic. The Manual's have "more" power. And i'm not too fond of the exterior either, that is IMO. I like the second and third gen RX-7 WAAAAY more in terms of looks.
THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED, DO NOT DEAL WITH HIM. - MX-3.com Admin
DavidOS

Re: Opinions on the RX-8

Post by DavidOS »

rx8s are nice but not that fast. I was dissappointed in it considering the $
for that kinda cash you can pick up an STI
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
rayrrod

Post by rayrrod »

well who here has one? Barry?
and i was looking to buy one for my next car, ie in a few years. keeping my MX-3 for a while.
I read an article on the RX-8 secret project. its a souped up one but not on sale yet. it was in one magazine.
but then again, i do not want a race car, i want one that looks good, runs ok,
not runs greats, looks ok
bubbaflaat

Post by bubbaflaat »

Can't say i'm a fan of the fender flares on it.
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

ugly, not as fast as I would expect for the money. The interior is confusing too. Yes I drove one (thats what I do for fun. Go to car lots and testdrive stuff I can't afford) Over all kinda diappointing I guess. My 2 cents! :roll:
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
manowar821
Supporting Member

Post by manowar821 »

Mmmmm... I'll stick with the rx-7.

Its a nice car and all, just not my style at all.
Kokiriwave

Post by Kokiriwave »

the car is very nice....but the power band is linear so the car doesn't feel....GUTSY :shrug:

Its good in one way and bad at the same time.....it isn't like other cars that peak at a certain rpm...I drive and park them at work...so thats just my .02
I want MAZDASPEED!
MY WEBSITE:: http://kingmx.net
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

rx-7 all the way, manowar! Plus im not in the x-men, so I don't need the rx-8 :2thumbsup:
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
fry_81

Post by fry_81 »

i absolutely love the styling of the rx8, very mean looking. the power is dissapointing though.
1994 5spd GS Parts Car For Sale 800obo. e-mail for details. fry_81@hotmail.com
Ma-Ze

Post by Ma-Ze »

when i was looking for a nice daily driver i test drove a 6spd before i bought my Z. i really liked the interior of the car, everything about the interior was nice. the car handles really good but the power band was just too high for me. theres no real power till the high rpms and even still it didnt seem that quick. ive driven an auto too but that just plain sucked. the car looks real nice but if its performance your looking for, there are better cars for the same price.
92 MX-3 RS,
Racing Mazda turbo kit. 451 WHP @ 25 psi
12.1 @ 117 mph w/318whp
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/652555
bubbaflaat

Post by bubbaflaat »

Yeah, hopefully mazda will spice things up a bit with a turbo version. I can't remember where but I thought I saw something about a mazdaspeed supercharged version. I thought it was odd to pair a supercharger with a rotary. Aren't superchargers less effeciant at high RPMs than turbos?
Kokiriwave

Post by Kokiriwave »

mazda redesigned the rotary engine to accept air more easily, thats why the renesis rotory can push over 220 hp by itself (naturally aspired) a turbo could not run to high or it would do more harm than good. a supercharger however would be perfect.

I read an article about the mazdaspeed RX-8.....its a really nice car, but it doesn't have the zoom zoom power. lol, i don't know i've seen articles that compare the rx-8 torque to the Honda S2000....and we all know that torque is what makes the driving fun..
I want MAZDASPEED!
MY WEBSITE:: http://kingmx.net

Return to “Off-Topic”