crotch rockets/motorcycle

Off-Topic Discussions
mx_girl

crotch rockets/motorcycle

Post by mx_girl »

Just got a motorcycle. Applyed for my title and plates Online and sent them through. Im waiting for the title to be changed to my name and for my State Plates. Can i ride my crotch rocket now? or do i need to go to the dmv and get a permit? my friend told me that i can just put up a temp plate that states PAF (Plates Applied For) but i dont know if i still need to go to the dmv and get a permit for my motorcycle license. Does anyone know?

Thanks-
MX3-Freak

Re: crotch rockets/motorcycle

Post by MX3-Freak »

Not sure in all states, but in WA you either have to have a motorcycle endorsed lisence, or an instruction permit while your enrolled in motorcycle training program. I.e in WA you must have a speacil lisence/permit to drive a motorcycle at any time; not just a temp plate.
Stock 1995 RS - Creek Blue
Car Meanins:
Honda: Hang On, Not Done Accelerating
FORD: Frequently Overhauled, Rarely Driven
Mazda: Must Always Zoom Down Asphalt
mx_girl

Post by mx_girl »

thanks for the info..i think ill call my dmv today and ask
phr34k

Post by phr34k »

you have to have a permit/liscense to ride it, or else CUT if you get caught, they'll take both liscenses.

happened to a friend in ark.

btw what kind you get?

i got a cbr929rr a while back love that baby
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

plus when u take a motorcycle saftey course it cuts ur insurance.........

PLUS its dumb not to drive with a licesnse or insurance
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com
MX3-Freak

Post by MX3-Freak »

Not sure in all states, but WA doesnt require trikes and motorcycles to have liability insurance. When is the last time you saw a bike destroy a car? :freak:

Might want to check on that, might save yourself a few dollars.
Stock 1995 RS - Creek Blue
Car Meanins:
Honda: Hang On, Not Done Accelerating
FORD: Frequently Overhauled, Rarely Driven
Mazda: Must Always Zoom Down Asphalt
mx_girl

Post by mx_girl »

I got a honda interceptor 500..pretty nice sized bike. im 5'2 female so its just right for me. its pretty fast too..it keeps up with the 750cc or higher bikes my buddys have. got my permit today. and papers to sign up for the saftey course. i was told in the state of wisconsin insurance is not required even for cars :shrug: but it is good to have some. im going to get some for my bike though. so that i can get my military base entrance stickers for it to. thanks for all the info guys-
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

plus make sure u get a good helmet & a good set of leathers
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com
johnnyb
Supporting Member

Post by johnnyb »

here we have to get a license for it. Its the same process for cars as bikes. But if you get a bike license you have to sign up for the safety course before you take the written. The reason for this is that the safety course is so booked up and the M1 license is only good for 90 days so you have to time it so the course is in that 90 days. Its a shame it has to be that way because I've seen many foolish people who look like its their first time riding a bike and cant control it very well. I used to ride a dirt bike back in my younger years but havent had the money to buy my dream bike (Honda CBR 954RR 2003 model or Honda CBR 1000RR 2004 model)
DavidOS

Post by DavidOS »

good post jeff:)

oh yah i got ****in lost in milton the other night.... damn bush town:P hehe
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
Fadedmist

Post by Fadedmist »

Someone riddle me this: Why is it when anyone says they got a motorcycle someone shows pictures and tells stories about the death and injury that can be caused. People don't do that when you buy a car, get a plane ticket, or get on a jet ski. I know they can be dangerous, but if you wear the right gear odds are you'll be okay in a fall. I mean super bike racers go down well over 100 MPH and walk away. Not that everyone can afford their stuff, but I'm just trying to make a point. Everytime I pull up some where on my bike someone tells me about Uncle Bill who has no legs because of his old motorcycle accident. I just don't think it's the kind of thing people want to hear about all the time. By all means take an MSF course. Most importantly ride smart and have fun. Just remember to keep the Rubber side down and the shiny side up! =) Congrats on the bike, they are a TRIP!
Now, if I can just find the girl who bought my mx3 2 or 3 years ago....
Sam Baker

Post by Sam Baker »

LOL yea i agree.. damnit everybody knows that bikers crash, and most likely they will do it once in their life, but motorcycles are badass fun machines :D !! i got my license 6 months ago and i still have no bike... blows.

but as for your license thing, yea u need everything to ride anywhere on the streets. in a parking lot its ok hehe.. but streets u need insurance, license, permit (if with another rider over 25 or so), etc etc

<small>[ June 26, 2004, 09:29 PM: Message edited by: Sam Baker ]</small>
92 Autozam AZ3
Fadedmist

Post by Fadedmist »

The way they tell me "There are 2 kinds of riders, those who have crashed and those who are about to." I like people that don't ride, they're so damn positive, :D Just because it's true dosen't mean we ought to go around telling folks! And Sam, I've got a bike for sale buddy, you could be ridding by next weekend!
Now, if I can just find the girl who bought my mx3 2 or 3 years ago....

Return to “Off-Topic”