Dash illumination lights

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
2fazed
Supporting Member

Dash illumination lights

Post by 2fazed »

My illumination lights on my dash gauges are out. I just now took out the gauges to test them. Here's what I know: The meter fuse is working fine. Check to see if it's reaching the gauge, yes. Check other power wires off the adapter, ignition, yes, light on/off, yes. The light bulbs all work. The rest of the lights, turn signal, brake, red lights at start-up work, just not the green illumination. I heard there's a relay or restart for the lights in back of the gauge, couldn't find it. Any help would really be appreciated, I don't want to take this to an Electrical place and stend huge amounts of money for something simple that I could of found myself.
16 Hyundai Elantra Value Edition
06 Mazdaspeed6 2.3T
93 626 ES 2.5
92 Mx-3 RS 1.6
93 Mx-3 GS 2.5
93 Mx-3 RS 1.6
LiL-LaW

Re: Dash illumination lights

Post by LiL-LaW »

Make sure that the wiring harness is connected properly to the dimmer switch I had a problem with that coming loose, give it a look tell me what happens
2fazed
Supporting Member

Post by 2fazed »

No wiring harness. But I did check the wires in back of the stereo. I put a connector on both the constant, ignition, and light on/off wires. Also all the other wires not used. Usually if it's there, my tail lights also go out, and the fuse would too, meaning a short. But none of that have happened.
06 Mazdaspeed6 2.3T
93 626 ES 2.5
92 Mx-3 RS 1.6
93 Mx-3 GS 2.5
93 Mx-3 RS 1.6
jpwmx3

Post by jpwmx3 »

Did you check the dimmer thumb wheel switch on the dashboard to the left of the steering wheel?
tivo0131

Post by tivo0131 »

hahahaha i've done that before i felt real dumb when my brother went to look at it and all he did was turn the dimmer switch.
2fazed
Supporting Member

Post by 2fazed »

If it could only be that easy. I don't know if that switch ever worked since I have had the car. But, it's an idea, maybe the connector in back, which must of come off years ago, is touching something. Hmmmmm, I'll be checking that. Thanks for the comments, let everyone know.
06 Mazdaspeed6 2.3T
93 626 ES 2.5
92 Mx-3 RS 1.6
93 Mx-3 GS 2.5
93 Mx-3 RS 1.6

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”