my MX is gone and I bought my new ride

Off-Topic Discussions
Spydie

my MX is gone and I bought my new ride

Post by Spydie »

Well after selling my MX3 back at the beginning of Dec. I've been mulling over what my next ride would be.....I really wanted to do the RX8 thing but then I had to consider our Canadian winters, and with being newly married how practical or not would it be.
long story short.....I found a 2001 Ford Ranger 'edge' 4x2 extended cab 4.0l V6 5spd with only 25k/km for $18,500.
it's really nice as Rangers go....yellow with black tonneau cover, and rear fender flares/side step, AC, cruise, remote start, power everything. mint condition. Ford is tinting the windows for free, and I got them to throw in the shop manual for free also. Delivery is on Monday or Tuesday.
It's a HUGE difference, not used to sitting so high and the revs are so low. kinda nice to do 100kph at only 2000 rpm though. I'll snap a pic next week.

To my mx chums....keep up the great work you've all been doing. I look forward to checking on your progress from time to time.....who knows I just might mod the truck a little at a time, there's alot available for it....not used to that either. I've allready asked SiN about some custom paint. :2thumbsup:
Peace in the Middle-east!!

<small>[ January 09, 2004, 07:04 PM: Message edited by: Darren Hyderman ]</small>
http://members.cardomain.com/spydie
"So I said to my one legged wife, I said...'Peg', you're 'cut-off'."
quicksliver

Re: my MX is gone and I bought my new ride

Post by quicksliver »

You were contemplating whether to get a Mazda RX8 or a 2001 Ford Ranger? lol :confused2:
johnnyb
Supporting Member

Post by johnnyb »

you know what you could do....

rip all the ford badges off and put all the mazda B series badges on just so you can say you're still driving a mazda
Spydie

Post by Spydie »

[quote]Originally posted by Quick Sliver:
You were contemplating whether to get a Mazda RX8 or a 2001 Ford Ranger? lol :)

<small>[ January 10, 2004, 12:53 PM: Message edited by: Darren Hyderman ]</small>
http://members.cardomain.com/spydie
"So I said to my one legged wife, I said...'Peg', you're 'cut-off'."
xXx_OTEP_xXx

Post by xXx_OTEP_xXx »

1 reason why i dont want to jump into a family situation :eek: lol .. jk.. congrats on the new ride, my step father has a 99 or 00 ranger, but its crappy.. RWD, 5spd, 4 cylinder..?! and a nice CEL at 60,000 miles lol oh well, its not my truck.. :welder:
Sold my 95 RS "Little Peanut" but she will never be forgotten. :(
Sean Mandell

Post by Sean Mandell »

Not to be a prick but I think you got ripped off for the ranger. My mother bought a demo 2001 mazda b3000 and it is auto for $15,000 taxes included. This was also a year ago!

newayz family comes first and we must sacrifice our toys when we have kids. This is why I bought the mx though. It is a cheap sports car and when I am ready to have a family then I will just buy a used grocery getter and call it a day. ;)
"A hero and a coward both feel fear but it is the hero who reacts first while the coward hides behind the hero"
phr34k

Post by phr34k »

i sold my xterra for a 2004 si and i ordered a widebody kit maybe turbo later :)

i know im a trader but the car is WOAH

dont beat me up :freak:
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

wow a mx3 to a truck. i think the rx8 would have been more family friendly than a truck. oh well, good luck with your truck. dont drive too fast, my friend rolled his ranger and he wasnt even screwing around...
Jen

Post by Jen »

Rangers are nice, i hda a buudy who had a Ranger, Yellow, Tremor edition, adn sold it for 13,000. His was a 2001. i was truck hunting before i decided to get an mx-3. My boyfriend and I have 6 probes, and they are kinda hard to get away from, so i decided i wanted to get a mx3 gs to be different, but similar all at the same time.

jen
1994 Ford PGT MTX with bolt-on's and some ZE powa!!!
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

hey Jen you got pic?
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

Return to “Off-Topic”