Ebay GOLD!

Off-Topic Discussions
Franko
Supporting Member

Ebay GOLD!

Post by Franko »

Ok ok ok I know at somepoint everyone has heard of those little cameras on ebay like this one.
and I thought it was going to be the biggest piece of crap ever so I ordered it just for my own amusement. First off I got it from CHINA!! in about 4 days and I cant believe that because I have ordered stuff from the US and it took like a month and a half. So when I got this thing I hooked it all up with some 9v batteries that I had lying around to find that the bloody thing didnt work.. so I wasent too suprised but I realized the batteries I used were crap so I used a wall adapter for the base thing and a 9v battery on the camera and HOLY CRAP! the camera works so well I cant believe it.. you can stick this thing anywhere and it works like a charm. I stuck it on a remote control car and drove it around my apartment building, I felt like I was going inside the titanic with one of those robots.. man.. I tell you if you get like $40 that you have nothing better to do with I HIGHLY reccomend it.. If someone wants a video or something I will record one with it for ya so you can see how awesome it works. Woo GO EBAY!
93 MX3, BP, Haltech E6X, Bully Six Puck Clutch, Pauter Rods, Wiseco Pistons, Port and Polish, Turbonetics T3/T4 Ball Bearing turbo and a partridge in a pear tree.
992mmx3

Re: Ebay GOLD!

Post by 992mmx3 »

Haha, thats pretty cool man, I wouldn't mind putting one on the HPI car I'm building right now. Hmmmm, if I could find a way to rig it to the chassis.
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

"...I told those fudgepackers I liked Michael Bolton's music..."
Franko
Supporting Member

Post by Franko »

Stick tack is what I am using.. man it is so cool... whoo! I bet those plastic tie downs would work too
93 MX3, BP, Haltech E6X, Bully Six Puck Clutch, Pauter Rods, Wiseco Pistons, Port and Polish, Turbonetics T3/T4 Ball Bearing turbo and a partridge in a pear tree.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

SO DID you get this camera that that actual auction?
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

My brother has one of those.
I purchased a LCD rearview monitor Im going to connect a day/nighview camera and put it in the back of the car.
I have a car PC w/ video in, so I may record myself @ the track, or my ride home from work.
millionflame

Post by millionflame »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Custommx3:
My brother has one of those.
I purchased a LCD rearview monitor Im going to connect a day/nighview camera and put it in the back of the car.
I have a car PC w/ video in, so I may record myself @ the track, or my ride home from work.
<hr></blockquote><p>Heyyyyyyy.....now there's a nifty idea for a kewl security device!<p>~A
~ Millionflame (94 GS 120K)
Silkwyrm

Post by Silkwyrm »

I actually had that idea some time back, If you could hook up web cams in the car and rigg up a car computer system with a security system and Cell phone modem, you could have the computer connect to the internet, and upload the camera images to a website whenever the security system was triggered. Then if anyone does anything to your car, you have images to give to the police. Also cameras on the outside of the car could keep a video record of the last 15 minutes of drive time. Then when you get in an accident you it would be real easy for your insurance company to establish fault. Could be good, could be bad. But then if it's bad you don't have to give the video to your insurance company I guess.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Ive had that idea for a while when i thinking up my carpc, my latest idea was to put a radar detector in an a-pillar guage, but also have a small camera in there facing forward to capture driving, but being that close to the front, i would beed to find something small with a wide lense<p>
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Silkwyrm:
I actually had that idea some time back, If you could hook up web cams in the car and rigg up a car computer system with a security system and Cell phone modem, you could have the computer connect to the internet, and upload the camera images to a website whenever the security system was triggered. Then if anyone does anything to your car, you have images to give to the police. Also cameras on the outside of the car could keep a video record of the last 15 minutes of drive time. Then when you get in an accident you it would be real easy for your insurance company to establish fault. Could be good, could be bad. But then if it's bad you don't have to give the video to your insurance company I guess.<hr></blockquote><p>Good idea, but i a few things:
-you would need to rig up the camera's to be nicely hidden, iy may be hard to if you dont wanna ruin the car's looks<p>-cell phone internet is slow and expensive<p>-Power, depending on the pc, you'll be lucky to get a few hours out of it while on battery, mine only last about a half an hour until the inverter kicks out (i had it running for an hour and a half with the stereo system on, i ahve no idea whats going on)<p>-usb webcams, unless they're usb2.0, will be choppy and low quality, and hard to configure software to capture of the video<p>[ June 10, 2003: Message edited by: Nd4SpdSe ]</p>
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Silkwyrm

Post by Silkwyrm »

Yeah, there would be a lot of obstacles to over come, but if you could eventually make it work it definitely would be pretty cool. :)

Return to “Off-Topic”