Almost had a break-in...drivers door messed now..PLEASE

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
MX3ChiCk95

Almost had a break-in...drivers door messed now..PLEASE

Post by MX3ChiCk95 »

hey guys :( someone tried to break into my mx-3 last night. He messed up my lock and handle on my driver side door. Now my door doesnt open from the outside-only the inside. I have to crawl in from the passenger side and it sucks :( Can someone tell me how to open up the inside door panel so my boyfriend can try to fix it for me? Much help needed. Thanks. You guys are the best.
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Re: Almost had a break-in...drivers door messed now..PLEASE

Post by cjthor »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Emily:<BR><STRONG>hey guys :( someone tried to break into my mx-3 last night. He messed up my lock and handle on my driver side door. Now my door doesnt open from the outside-only the inside. I have to crawl in from the passenger side and it sucks :( Can someone tell me how to open up the inside door panel so my boyfriend can try to fix it for me? Much help needed. Thanks. You guys are the best.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR> Allright.. Take three screws outta the door..One next to the inside handle, one inside the lil tray next to the window controls, and one next to the actual latch on the end of the door. Next you have to be careful and pull the door clips outta the actual panel using a door panel clip removal tool or I have used a weed puller too...ya know the kind that looks like a big flat bladed screwdriver with a V cut out in the middle? Pull it away from the door and pop the harness off the window controls..Voila there u go!! U need pics lemme know.. Oh yea this is for my 94 RS
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
MX3ChiCk95

Post by MX3ChiCk95 »

Thanks man. Very much appreciated. I'll try what you said.
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

You dont need a weed puller or anything, ive had to pop my door panel off like 5 times and its easily done by hand.
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”