Stalls while I am driving

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
LadyBugChris

Stalls while I am driving

Post by LadyBugChris »

I own a 1996 Mazda MX-3 and I have had the same problem for the 5 years I have owned the car. The problem is worst when the weather is damp. While I am driving the car will begin to choke. Once it has started to choke it will idle extremely low, if I drive below 20km/hr the car will stall as I am driving. The engine light will come on when I restart it, but the car will drive fine the next 3 times I drive anywhere. On the 4th time the light will disappear and approximately a week later the problem will start again.<BR>I have had the computer replaced, extra ground wires placed on the fuel injection(which has also been replaced), all of the sensors have been replaced, one mechanic actually did a Valve Job, which helped for about 9 monthes.<BR>Several mechanics have looked at it and have been unable to discover what is really wrong. I am hoping someone out there has had this problem and will be able to give me some tips.<BR>PLEASE HELP ME!
mendel00985

Re: Stalls while I am driving

Post by mendel00985 »

LadyBugChris: I can't believe that a meachanic 'says' that he actually performed a valve job-and charged you for it! Shame on this person. I believe that I'm hearing a problem similar to one I encountered a couple of months back. The alternator belt broke off and it scraped the insulation off of the wire that goes from the alternator to the main wiring harness; what I'm getting at is that there could be an exposed wire somewhere in the engine compartment that does'nt cause any trouble until exposed to humid or wet conditions. OR... there could be water getting into the fuel system...? Perhaps a bottle of STP gas treatment will help. Best of luck to you.
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

I had a problem similar to this. My hose for my intake that goes to the stock airbox (the small black tube) was plugged.<BR><P>------------------<BR>Barry Clark<BR><I><B>Moderator</B></I><BR>1995 Mazda Mx-3 RS<BR>Chaste White<BR><A HREF="http://www.barrykclark.com" TARGET=_blank>barrykclark.com</A> <BR> barrykclark@hotmail.com
arognt1

Post by arognt1 »

I have the same problem, it misses sometimes to. only sometimes at like 2,500rpm or so.<BR>i just bought mine friday. i can say it is fast.runs side by side with a 93 Si prelude<BR>i have a 92 GS
92 black GS

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”