What do WHP and BHP mean!! ??

Off-Topic Discussions
kuruption1983

What do WHP and BHP mean!! ??

Post by kuruption1983 »

I have been wondering what the definition of these two words are, i have seen it all around but i still dunno what the difference is,,,,<p>And yeah, as many of you will say, i searched google and as my searching sucks i got no definition better than "Workplace Health Promotion" ROFLMAO!!<p>thanx for all replies,,
latez :D :D :D
dudley

Re: What do WHP and BHP mean!! ??

Post by dudley »

Wheel horse power $ Brake horse power
killerpickle

Post by killerpickle »

brake horse power?
umm.<p>wheel horse power is the power that is left after the 15% or so drivetrain loss. <p>Bhp, isn't that at the crank? What is brake horse power?
Tom Alexander
93 MX3 GSR - KLZE / stage 3 clutch / PRM Intake / 2.25" exhaust - dual 3" outlet
full custom black and red interior / KLZE ECU / JE50 VAF
http://home.cogeco.ca/~mx3/ - updated dec 1/03
lazzyie

Post by lazzyie »

yeah its base horsepower
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
Q187

Post by Q187 »

Yeah base is at the crank. WHP is how much of it actually makes it to the wheels. WHP is the most important figure. It doesn't matter how much BHP you have. This is where trannys, flywheels, and clutches help. They don't produce more power for the engine but help more of the BHP get to the wheels.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

not while ago there were bunch of guys laughing at me and stuff about my posts that werent funny at all, but this is most stupid question is on board, i hope its joke question or something, cause if u drive lexus u ougta know stuff, unless ure good mommas boy... ;)
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

Post by Guest »

I think he's a good mamma's boy. Hehehe ;)
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

I have always concidered BHP to be block horsepower. I used to say base, but for some reason I started calling it different :shrug: Either way, it's the same thing. It's HP measured at the flywheel.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
kuruption1983

Post by kuruption1983 »

it was originally supposed to be a joke post,,, and i neva even checked it again till today, but came out to teach me one thing, i neva thought 15% gets lost in drivetrain,,, :D :D
well, none of the cars i bought were actually supposed to be bought,,, like the white precidia was just because of the price, 1200 bucks, i said why not,,, and the lexus was a great buy too, 34000 0% financing over 48 months,,, couldnt get any better, 1/3 of the rent i pay now, i actually moved from a 2 bdroom to a 1 and bought this thing,,, :D :D :D
well, life of a 19 Y/O, i would buy a porsche and sleep in my car, lol

Return to “Off-Topic”