a-holes

Off-Topic Discussions
92RedMX3

a-holes

Post by 92RedMX3 »

Ok this has killed me since I signed up here. Every other question that a person askes is told "Search" or "it took me years to find this out so I am going to make you work for it". Why do people on this board have to be such a holes. Maybe it is this reason why there are not more modded mx3's out there cause nobody is willing to be nice and helpful for a question that has been asked before. I mean someone askes a question and they are told to look for a post from 5 months ago and that word is used like 4 billion times like B6T. Search for B6T and you will get a post of a bunch of a holes saying do a search cause no one wants to help. There are some very good people on here don't get me wrong but damn people lighten up. When I had my chevy truck I was used to hearing questions asked over and over and if I dodn't want to explain I would search for them, why......cause I am not an a-hole and I know that this person is new and since they dont know anything about it that they WILL NOT know what to search for in the first place.<P>Knowing the way things go I might get banned for this but I had to get it off my chest since this is the OFF Topic area. Anyways what is u people?
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: a-holes

Post by Custommx3 »

I hate to sound like a prick, but too many people get pissed off because they dont want to do any research.<P>Well, this is an EASY question to answer. <BR>EVERY DAY we have 10-15 members sign up. Every one of them ask the same questions over and over again. Do any of them read the rules, probably not. Do any of them read the FAQ? probably not. Do any of them Search for their answer, No. The postit over and over again. So the 1st thing they have to do is readt the rules, read the faq, then search for it. Why? cause its already been asked on several occasions. <P>If you read the rules, and you read the faq, and you searched, you wouldnt be asking this question because this too has been asked and explained before as well. <BR>I as well as others get tired of typing the same thing over and over again. IF it hasnt been asked already and answered on several occasions, then we would gladly answer it. <P>Im not gonna ban you, but im deffinatley not going to answer a question for the 10,000th time just because someones too lazy or impatient to search. Now, if someone said they did and couldnt find it. And I did a simple search and I found it. I wouldnt answer them. <P>So many new people come here with that same additude. We are 3000+ strong here on mx-3.com. We all love our cars, have the same interests, and all want to know more by sharing information. IfF you feel that by searching that this isnt good enough for you, I will gladly ban you if you wish. Im not trying to be a prick. I just get tired of hearing the same cry over and over again because people wont do their part. This site is free for you, I as well as others donate from out own pockets just so you can use this site for free. Take it how it is, you pay for this site for a month out of your own pocket and I will gladly answer your questions without having to use it for a month. I doubt very seriously you'd do that. <BR>If you would like to discuss this further, email me, or David personally and we will take care of it. Jeff I beleive is on his honeymoon.<BR>I myself am not an "a hole" as you so called put it. I do what I can to help people, but I dont have time to monitor 3000<BR>people and answer every single question. I myself have a life to live, as does everyone here. Take time and paitience. Dont just search for b6t. thats about as bad as searching for mx-3.<p>[ September 17, 2002: Message edited by: Custommx3 ]
92RedMX3

Post by 92RedMX3 »

I understand and agree with most all of what you said. its always those simple questions that kill me. I perfer not to get banned. I just hate to see someone ask about something like what is a popular engine for our cars and some one just say do a search vs. do a search for b6t, or bpt. Or is either a easy swap, when someone could say the b6t can be, instead of do a search. That is what had bugged me. I have been a member on a couple boards and such that had 10,000+ but this is the only one that I had every seen this. That is why I was so compelled to write something. Sorry if I offend anyone.
Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

If you find the answer to your B6T swap info . Let me know I'll add it to the faq's. This way others can read it w/ less research.
92RedMX3

Post by 92RedMX3 »

Oh, I was just using that as an example. Thanks for the offer. It was that kind of thing I remembered though.<P>Peace
maldo

Post by maldo »

In regards to this post I guess I am the "a hole", so be it. I hope that Barry's explanation of why we say to search it clears things up. It does get tiring to repeat the same info over and over again. I have put up a site for the B6T swap yet people still don't go to it for info. I have posted many times all the needed info, parts, mods, info sites, etc., yet people would rather just ask then do their own research. I have spent the better part of the last 4 years researching this motor and my car. I do get a little upset when someone is not willing to spend 10 minutes to go to the 323 egroup and search their archives or do a search on one of the many engines for the B6T or likewise info.<P>We are all very busy people, I do understand that sometimes a quick answer is needed. I work 35hrs a week plus I am in my 4th year at the U of S working on 2 degrees. My schedule is not unlike many of the other people on this board. Our time is precious and we contribute what we can, when we can. Most of us have sites that I suggest everyone check out because their is a wealth of knowledge to be had. The time has been put into establishing these sites so it would be greatly appreciated if they were used during your research instead of asking it to be repeated.<P>Sometimes a rude/blunt answer is needed to get our view across. Any of the boards that I am on are quite similar. <P>Sorry for upsetting you and all the other "newbies" but I am sure that eventually you will understand. In the meantime, I will try to get some info together for the FAQs for the B6T.
Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

if you would, post it in a single thread called B6T motor swap FAQ.<BR>I will add it to the 4cl perfomance FAq's
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

its seems that the trend on this board is that the people that have the most posts and the people that have been here the longest are rated poorly simply because they're tired of the repetitiveness. If a newbie asks a question and a vet tells them to search, how to search, and a brief answer to the question... that shouldnt be a problem. What i get tired of is when the vet answers with the word "search". I mean why bother posting a reply? The bickering about searching is equally repetitive as the questions being asked
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

IF you telling them to search, <BR>whats a better way to tell them than "Search"
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

ok if someone asked what is a KL-ZE swap.. instead of replying with "search", reply with "Use the search function. Try keywords KL-ZE, engine swap, etc. Basically its replacing your 1.8L witha 2.5l engine". That way you give them an idea of what they're looking for and the tools in order to conduct the search. Just saying "search" is like telling a student "check the library" instead of saying "check the library for...". It limits questions which in turn limits redundancy.<P>The BEST way to limit the questions is to have the FAQ that is now provided. But not everyone has the aptitude to read that.<p>[ September 17, 2002: Message edited by: Sonicxtacy02 ]
Shaun Newman
Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

when they ask about the KLZE, usually david says to read the v6 faq or to read the mx-3 faq. And he has the links in his Sig.<p>[ September 17, 2002: Message edited by: Custommx3 ]
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

then thats the way to do it. I'm not trying to argue with you nor complain about what you or any particular person does, but i have seen individuals that respond with one worded replies.<P>believe me i spend all day almost everyday on this site and i'm tired of seeing the same questions over and over too, but i'm just trying to suggest methods that will take care of the issue.<P>[ September 17, 2002: Message edited by: Sonicxtacy02 ]<p>[ September 17, 2002: Message edited by: Sonicxtacy02 ]
Shaun Newman
Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

we do :) we say read the faq, read the rules, then search :)<BR>that takes care of it all. Im not trying to argue, but think of it this way. <BR>The admins are here to administer, notto hodl hands and sing "Id like to buy the world a coke" :)
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

I created the FAQ's, have tons of links in my sig, and tell people where to get the info. I put the thirsty horse's head in the trough, and he's screams "where's the water?!?". Not much excuse, if you can read, type, and click.
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
ghandi1981

Post by ghandi1981 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by David Coleman:<BR><STRONG>I created the FAQ's, have tons of links in my sig, and tell people where to get the info. I put the thirsty horse's head in the trough, and he's screams "where's the water?!?". Not much excuse, if you can read, type, and click.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>i have stayed up VERY late pretty much the past couple of nights reading almost every post here and at probetalk about the ze swap and about the different clutch kits to use since my engine is toast but i still have many questions....although i did find a good place to get the engine on probetalk (sun's engines= $950)...everything i have learned about cars...mx3 in specific is because of this board but i still dont know that much...if i never became a member i would have never even known about the swap.....but after i have done the searches and read all the posts i still need more firsthand info...i agree with what the mods are saying but i dont know every part under the hood that needs/should be replaced during the swap.. maybe a massive list of all the parts may have been posted while back that i just missed [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img] ...oh well...<P>AJ<p>[ September 17, 2002: Message edited by: ghandi1981 ]
resurected KL-ZE,ZE ECU, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, CMIII, home depot CAI, Hiflow Cat, 2 1/2" piping, exhaust, 2 MASS 2012's, Cadence A7, Blaupunkt Casablanca, and a no damn CEL light!!!

Return to “Off-Topic”