CD Manual - Any Good

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
scofflaw

CD Manual - Any Good

Post by scofflaw »

Does anyone know if this is any good?<BR> <A HREF="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 1871901629" TARGET=_blank>http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 1629</A><p>[ November 04, 2002: Message edited by: scofflaw ]
maldo

Re: CD Manual - Any Good

Post by maldo »

You need to find out if the guy who made it has the copyrights from Mazda. For starters, it is copyright infringement. I have the 3233GTX manual on CD that I bought from George Davies, he has the rights to it. In order for it to be legal, you need to have the actual paper copy, CD is for reference. Mazda has been known to check up on things periodically. If it is just a Chilton's, they are ok for basics.
Macen

Post by Macen »

Black '93 GS-RL KL-DE
White '95 RX-7 Type R Bathurst
http://macen.nullnet.com
Tempus

Post by Tempus »

Well he claims to be authentic.. and authorized.. but without hearing from someone who's checked with Mazda about this, I have my doubts.

out of curiosity, I went to his e-bay store, and searched on "MX-3" and found listings for CD based shop manuals for MX-3's for every year, starting in 1988 and going to 1998...

Now, given that Mazda didn't start selling MX-3's ANYWHERE till 1991, and not till 1992 for North America, I've a hard time accepting that he's got CD based shop manuals for the 1988, 1989 and 1990 model years.... (and I'd expect any 1991 manual to be in German, Japanese, or Czech.) Listing manuals for a make/year that didn't exist anywhere ever?? well frankly that makes me doubt his whole operation...

heh if I had 15$ to spare I'd be tempted to order the 1988 MX-3 shop manual from him and see what the hell I got..

<small>[ August 07, 2004, 12:05 AM: Message edited by: Tempus ]</small>
{sigh} Time to move on
Out with the old: Tropical Emerald MX-3 GSR (KL-DE)
In with the new: Phantom Blue Mazda3s GT
rayrrod

Post by rayrrod »

i bought one on ebay, its a mitchell copy. legal or not i bought it. i did not really knew what i was buying but after i got it i know its a copy.
it is so so. its not really any help with me looking for the check oil plug on the 95RS manual trans.
no pics for that,
so maybe this one is different but am not buying it. unless i could see it.\
shuan24

Post by shuan24 »

Are you suggesting that the local auto part store is a better resource than ebay? They seem to be about the same price.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”