mx-3 in high speed chase....

Off-Topic Discussions
MrsOzx

mx-3 in high speed chase....

Post by MrsOzx »

I was driving down 75 Friday night right around Florence and was forced to pull over and laugh my a$$ off Litterally on the floor rollin' when I looked in my rear view mirror and saw a car commin up with about 10 cop cars behind it. This person in an mx decided he was going to try to out run the cops in a stock 1.6... Hard enough in a car that is actually fast. But no... I'll repeat it.. a 1.6 stock!!! Needless to say, he did not make it very far. I got another mile or so down the road and they had him. I have to admit my mx is not that fast either, but I also would not have the balls to try to out run the cops in it... Mabye the Lude :D , but not the mx!
MrsOzx<p>buh-bye........
Giavonni Perelli
Tempus

Re: mx-3 in high speed chase....

Post by Tempus »

Trying to outrun the cops does not take balls.. well not in the traditional sense.<P>it takes a huge dose of 'stupid'.. or as a friend of mine puts it, "thinking with the brains that dangle"<P>Cops have numbers, radios, and helicopters on their side... running from them is both stupid and dangerous..
{sigh} Time to move on
Out with the old: Tropical Emerald MX-3 GSR (KL-DE)
In with the new: Phantom Blue Mazda3s GT
Andrew_Pakula

Post by Andrew_Pakula »

It doesn't really matter what kind of car you have, all you have to do is watch those car chase shows on tv and you see all types of shitty cars from old civics to rusty geo's trying to out run cops. In the end they never get away.
kohlf

Post by kohlf »

Sorry to say bro' but they don't all end the same ... You just have to know when to stop and park your car behind an olde abandoned barn and wait for the police to drive by ... HAHAH ... or so I am told ... Cheers
Take 'er easy ... if she's easy take 'er twice ... SHIBBY
MrsOzx

Post by MrsOzx »

Not downing mx's cause I love mine.. But what I was saying is that If in fact you are going to try to "out run" a cop(s) on the interstate at that, do it in a car that is actually faster that theirs [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img] (a straightaway) now hiding or running in an area off the interstate (residential or something) I would say speed doesnt so much matter.. More brains there.. Just my openion though
MrsOzx<p>buh-bye........
Giavonni Perelli
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

i'm in southern cali and it is possible to outrun cops. i've had a few people on my team outrun the supercharged crown victorias and taurus cop cars down here. to get away, you either past the border so they can't touch you or you try and get somewhere where they won't find you...if you have the skills...but these cops are SKILLED and trained to do this sort of driving and they've probably done it all the time. personally, just accept the fact that you got caught and get your ticket...or get impounded....it's a lot better than jail.
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
Bossman247

Post by Bossman247 »

It's stupid to try and outrun the cops in a car, a crotch rocket on the other hand would smoke any cop cruiser if you got tha skills.
92 mx3 precidia, blaze red outside,<BR>with blazing goin on inside!<P>Don't drive drunk, drive baked ;)
mx3chom

Post by mx3chom »

Mrsozx<P>im in fishers. what part of indy are u in
RIP 95 rs
The_Great_Tonge

Post by The_Great_Tonge »

if your gonna run be smart about it. and if i really wanted to i could leave the cops, not because i have a fastcar cause i sure as hell dont. and about the crotch rockets, in most states now they dont even chase you. too many accident and lawsuits... yippie for us! :D
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

can u outrun a cop bike on gs? on freeway? cause i believe u can't really drive as fast as car on bike on freeway? what if i go to neighboring state will they stop chasing me after border?
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Sean Mandell

Post by Sean Mandell »

I don't suppose any car can lose a chopper [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
"A hero and a coward both feel fear but it is the hero who reacts first while the coward hides behind the hero"
azmtbkr81

Post by azmtbkr81 »

Best way to ditch a chopper if you have already managed to ditch the police cruisers is to drive to an airport, police and news choppers aren't cleared to enter that airspace. Also, if you are trying to beat the cops in a chase your chances impove if you keep the chase short. Best thing to do if you are being chased and can lose the cops for a couple seconds is pull off the road into an alley or parking lot as quickly as you can and run like hell. When you get home, report your car as stolen. I've had friends beat cops in Volvos, Chevy trucks,not to mention faster cars like souped up Mustangs. Or, you can just suck it up and pay the ticket which is usually the best option unless you have a dead body, drugs, or large quantities of automatic weapons in the trunk. :D
'94 Blaze Red RS<P>I may not have a lot of horsepower but I know how to use it!
Hy300

Post by Hy300 »

The thing with dodging the cops is to know when you've been made. If you're speeding and you see a cop parked on the side of the road just get off at the next exit just out of view and circle around where you're out of sight. Stop at a McDonalds drivethrough or something (not near the highway) and wait about ten minutes. If he followed you there just accept the ticket and say you didn't see him when you got onto the on ramp. The other way, which helped me, is to just pull over right away and act really remorseful. I pulled off before the cop could even flash his lights and he wasn't sure what to do.<P>My final advice is to know the town you're escaping through. Backroads are your friends and don't hesitate to pull into someone's driveway when you're out of view. Though it does help to turn off your lights and pull the fuse for your breaklights (otherwise he'll double back and you'll be cornered)
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

once, i dodge a cop, i was going around a large bend at about 20km's over behind a grey econovan, i drove by and heard a siren and barely seen the flashing lights, he was hidding between 2 buildings...instinstively, i looked in the rearview mirror, didnt see him and did a hard right and another one to duck behind a building and another right to hide between 2 buildinds, i think just on the other side of the building where he was hiding, he drove straight, i hope he got teh guy in the van, didnt didnt look, i just drove off in the other direction, did a detour to get to my friends house to drop him off...i was in my parents 1990 Mazda 626<P>I dont know why i did it, but was lucky to get away, personally, unless i i see him in advence and slow down, tryo to play innocent, if im ever speeding and see a cop pull out behind me, im gonna pull over before he even gets a change to turn on his lights, id rather be nice than to try to look ignorant, i'd think he'd go easier on me
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project

Return to “Off-Topic”