Probetalk ????

Off-Topic Discussions
fieval79
Supporting Member

Probetalk ????

Post by fieval79 »

What's going on with Probetalk?? Anyone know??<P>I'm going into convulsions........haven't been able to get on it in 3 days......... <P> :( [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
David Coleman

Re: Probetalk ????

Post by David Coleman »

Here's the scoop on PT:<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Brad Zimmerman, aka 95PGT, had this to say about PT:<BR><B><BR>I've emailed damon to tell him to bring the server home with him <BR>tonight hopefully. And we'll be moving the server to an ISP i've <BR>found. <P><BR>More details to come ... but PT will be down untill damon can <BR>transition the server to the ISP. <P>ONCE that happens PT will be back but the link wont work untill the <BR>DNS gets changed. that will take a couple more days ... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE></B><P><BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Damon Tolentino, aka dmark101, had this to say:<BR><B><BR>i've been hearing some disturbing things over the past few days and <BR>it has been at the forefront of my thoughts as well as upsetting me. <P>there have been some rumors started by a few individuals who THINK <BR>they know all there is to know about what i going on in the 'small' <BR>world known as ProbeTalk. <P>i'm here to say that NONE of you know what is going on with <BR>ProbeTalk. there is only ONE person who does: ME. <P>let's get something straight right now. i left ProbeTalk a few <BR>months ago due to the way that things were being run, the overall <BR>degradation of quality posting, and the rising immaturity level of <BR>the members as a whole. <P>i came back to ProbeTalk to help bail a friend out of a tough spot. <BR>no one asked me to, but i did it anyway. many of you were typically <BR>shocked that i was back, including the person who had proclaimed <BR>that he was the 'king' again. <P>well, since i've been back, i'm being reminded on a daily basis why <BR>i left ProbeTalk. Things have not changed and i truly wonder if my <BR>coming in to save PT's arse was the best thing to do. <P>in light of these things, i neglected my duties on FordForums. this <BR>site caters not only to the niche that is ProbeTalk, but to all <BR>makes and models of the Ford family. THAT is why i came to this <BR>board in the first place. that is why my club's forum is here and <BR>will remain here. that is also why i prefer coming here over <BR>ProbeTalk. <P>the denizens of FordForums are much more calm, collected, and <BR>mature. their postings usually offer good advice, help and <BR>encouragement, and make me feel glad that i own a Ford. it really <BR>annoys me that some people have decided to toss rumors about <BR>concerning why ProbeTalk is offline. <P>ProbeTalk is offline for one reason and one reason alone: hardware <BR>failure. i was not aware of the situation until yesterday. when i <BR>arrived at work this morning, i ascertained what the problem was and <BR>i have initiated steps to restore your 'beloved' ProbeTalk to you. <P>the hardware failure was caused due to the inclimate weather <BR>southern california experienced on saturday 11/24. at a few pacific <BR>bell junctions, the t1 trunk was completely submerged in runoff <BR>water. pac bell has been working non-stop since sunday morning to <BR>remedy this problem. i have just spoken with one of their techs and <BR>we should have service restored come morning. <P>so, there you have it. no rumors, no hype, no 'hacks', no 'virus'. i <BR>think that whomever started these rumors is stupid, plain and <BR>simple. instead of finding out what the problem was directly from <BR>the source, they decided to perpetrate unfounded rumors in an <BR>attempt to get a rise out of the entire probe community. <P>so, when ProbeTalk comes back online, you will be free to leave. i, <BR>for one, will not shed a tear. instead, i will be glad that you will <BR>be gone. it's sad that one site's problems led some people to visit <BR>FF, which i think is a great site. great enough to warrant visiting <BR>on its own merits. <P>next time, use some caution when you decide to post things that are <BR>obviously unfounded and untrue. if i see any more rumors concerning <BR>why PT is down, they will be removed. <P>instead of starting a rumor, try asking me why there is a problem. i <BR>host the machine, so it is i that would know why the site is down. <BR></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>That help clear things up? [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
Sonic

Post by Sonic »

Damon is actully a really cool guy. I like Probetalk alot also. I know of a little bit of the stuff that went down, but I don't care. I met Damon last summer, drank with him, had a fun 'ol time!<P>But I dearly love Probetalk. I'm member number 24 and have loved every year of it. I hope it is back up soon.<P>-Sweet words by Benjamin Christensen- :)
~SonicRacing~
Rayman

Post by Rayman »

yea damons a cool guy, i got the chance to meet him this past MMIV, had a lil conversation with the evil one :) PT is...or SHOULD BE glad that we have a group of leaders like damon as well as the others whos been keeping it running and who are working to get it back up....anyways, im proud to be part of it :)

Return to “Off-Topic”