winter tiers question

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
MX#3

winter tiers question

Post by MX#3 »

Hey guys I just wondering what size of winter tiers would fit gs without problems. It would not effect the speedometer?<BR>I’ve seen some for sale:<P>175-70-14<BR>195-70-14<BR>195-60-14 --- Integra would those fit gs or any other?<BR> Thanks
millionflame

Re: winter tiers question

Post by millionflame »

If you don't want it to affect the spedometer then the stock tire size will do.<P>~A
~ Millionflame (94 GS 120K)
closer

Post by closer »

Was in serious danger of sliding over our winter roads a few years back when my first set of V-rated tires were wearing thin... testing out several SUV's and 4x4's... hey, don't get me wrong, the drive was fun and challenging but more than a little whiteknuckled... <P>anyway I went to my local tire guy and he suggested picking up 4 Blizzaks... first day after putting them on it snowed about a foot... I thought oh no here we go again... then remembered my new rubber!<P>on my way to work I stopped and picked up the local Pizza Pizza store owner (he was stuck in the ditch with his 4x4 Jimmy!!!)... and had no problems getting to work... hold on... maybe that wasn't such a good thing after all...<P>have also had great success on shear ice with the blizzaks... like them much better than the michelins we had to settle on for our van!<P>think I loaded up for around $500 - $550 cdn for the 4 Blizzaks... not bad considering at the time I got my 93 I was told replacement tires would run me close to $1600 installed!!
MX#3

Post by MX#3 »

Hey a need to know what other size i can use?
Shades

Post by Shades »

For winter tires a skinnier tire is better than a wider tire. Stick to whatever the stock tire size is.
JoN - Ex-Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Apprentice
1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica

RACING BP fully built with Twin Scroll GT3071R TURBO @ +30psi - Specs and Pictures

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”