Good exhaust sound

Other - General Mazda Discussions
MX-3 for Me

Good exhaust sound

Post by MX-3 for Me »

I was wondering if anyone in here has any suggestions for my MX-3's exhaust.<BR>Im going to get one i just dont know what to get. i dont want anything that sounds cheap or highpitch<BR>I've been looking at a Ractive MT602 <BR>I just dont want to get one, put it on and then have it sound like garbage- i've heard my fair share of garbage sounding exhausts and i dont want to join them! haha<BR>Any suggestions would be much apprecaited!<BR>thanx! :)<BR>~*Michelle
canadian_ice

Re: Good exhaust sound

Post by canadian_ice »

Nice man!I just picked up the Ractive MT602 about an hour ago!<P>Plan on getting it installed in the next few weeks - I'll let you know how it turns out! :D
MX-3 for Me

Post by MX-3 for Me »

yea man, for sure let me know!<BR>As i am inquiring on it heavily.<BR>A friend of a friend has one, and he said it sounds soo good- so keep me posted on that one!<BR>My brother will install mine for me when i get it! :) so i am lucky<BR>He's brilliant! he has the loudest car in canada! :)<BR>I wont boast anymore, hehe<BR>but like i said, keep me on an update!<P>~*Michelle
canadian_ice

Post by canadian_ice »

Where in Ontario do you live? If it's close to me you can swing by and I'll do a couple of revs :D
MX-3 for Me

Post by MX-3 for Me »

i suddenly came back on here to ask you the total price of that exhaust!<BR>and alas- message for me<BR>hehe<BR>i live in orangeville ontario..boo!<BR>its very far from ottawa- about 5 hours<BR>its near brampton- just north west of brampton and toronto<BR>so- price? price price?<BR>i know! make a sound file of the noise your exhaust makes than send it to me? hehe<BR>fat chance eh? :p<BR>cant blame a sister for tryin!
canadian_ice

Post by canadian_ice »

It was $215 - I thought that was alright!<P>When I get it installed I'll see what I can do about the sound file. :D
Tman

Post by Tman »

Ractive mufflers sound good. Most of my friends have them on their cars, i would recommend one. They sound great, worth the money.
R.I.P. September 25th @ 2:55 p.m. - 93 Mx-3 RS :-(
Spetznaz

Post by Spetznaz »

I'd go with a Tanabe Racing Medallion. Its a very deep exhaust sound, full stainless steel, etcetera, not like some Honda bee farm thing. Only cost me 140$.
Suspension Techniques lowering kit, front and rear strut braces, Ractive cold air intake, 16" wheels with 215/40's, full cat back custom Tanabe Racing Medallion exhaust. Custom Competion stereo, full interior purple neon lighting.
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

ok once again...a muffler's a muffler. performance is same on most mufflers depending on what style. the price dependso n size, sound, look, namebrand, and quality.<P>if its sound that youre concerned about, the straight-thru mufflers give the deepest tone. if you get those that run like a maze inside the muffler, thatll give you the raspy sound. there are SOME raspy crx's with raspy-type mufflers that seem to sound REALLY nice because you can really hear those rpms climb.<P>later on down the road, youll regret getting a deep muffler and will soon be looking for a quieter muffler. im sticking with my muffler because itll sound nice with a turbo.
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
fictionaldaydream

Post by fictionaldaydream »

I don't know how people feel about this, but I have a AC Revolution exaust. It sounds really good, espically with manual. It has a 3.5 tip and it sounds way better then my friends that has a 4.5-5.0 tip. Is AC Revolution a good company? :D Image
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

i remember reading that the ractive straight-through mufflers sound nice combined with the hks mushroom intake at high rpms....i forgot where though? try to put up a sound file of your muffler if you get it installed. id like to hear it sometime.
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

i remember reading that the ractive straight-through mufflers sound nice combined with the hks mushroom intake at high rpms....i forgot where though? try to put up a sound file of your muffler if you get it installed. id like to hear it sometime.
- team slideways

Return to “General Mazda”