Window motors...anyone replace em b4?

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Window motors...anyone replace em b4?

Post by cjthor »

Hey guys,<BR> Got a new alarm fer my ride after having someone try and break in..Luckily I caught him in the act and KICKED HIS BOOTIE!! Anyway..My alarm has remote roll up and down for the windows..Unfortunately they are kinda slow when they get to the top so I am sure they need to be replaced. Anyone do this before? Some insight would be appreciated.
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
SmokyMcGee

Re: Window motors...anyone replace em b4?

Post by SmokyMcGee »

Im in the same boat..Im having trouble cuz its a whole pulley system they got goin in there and there is no room to work in. How does the elevator lifting thing connect to the window. The motor can't just be switched... or can it.. Someone help please.
eD
92 KL-ZE V6 FX-Designs kit
Sparkle Blue
http://smokymcgee.5u.com/index.html
Palofpits

Post by Palofpits »

If the windows are just going real slow for like the top 1/3 of the travel,you probably just have to lube the tracks.<BR>I had the same prob w/mine when I got it.<BR>I took of the panels,lubed the rollers and slides with white lithium grease and spary silicone spray up and down the glass run channels-freed em right up-no need for motors.<BR>They would go slow all the way up,and maybe even dim your dome light or make your idle drop if the motors were bad.
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Palofpits:<BR><STRONG>If the windows are just going real slow for like the top 1/3 of the travel,you probably just have to lube the tracks.<BR>I had the same prob w/mine when I got it.<BR>I took of the panels,lubed the rollers and slides with white lithium grease and spary silicone spray up and down the glass run channels-freed em right up-no need for motors.<BR>They would go slow all the way up,and maybe even dim your dome light or make your idle drop if the motors were bad.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P> Already tried that ..and actually it would be the other way around on the dimming stuff. If the tracks were dry and it was binding they pull more power hence.
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”