stock injector size??

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Joey's mx

stock injector size??

Post by Joey's mx »

Hey just wondering whatthe injector size is on the 1.6 DOHC? Because i am looking to put Protege LX injectors in because i heard they are bigger and justwant to know the diference and gains!! Thanks
schwankesmx3

Re: stock injector size??

Post by schwankesmx3 »

hey man there 230cc inj. and i would go with the probe 2.2 turbo inj. there 350cc i think not sure but u have to remap the fuelmaps i have some one my 94dohc and it runs hard and fast with them but remeber bigger inj means u need way more airflow..if not u will be running very rich
3-1-0 RACING club PREZ.
94' mx-3.....was all motor now awd bpt
91' 323....daily driver
78' cutless coupe...bad a-- mofo v8
95' eclipse gsx......awd turbo 11.4 eta
Joey's mx

Post by Joey's mx »

cool dude thanks but what do you mean by remap the feul map??
schwankesmx3

Post by schwankesmx3 »

im mean recalibrate the fuel map ..... its compensating for more fuel
3-1-0 RACING club PREZ.
91' 323....daily driver
quickshift

Post by quickshift »

what do you need bigger injectors for? the 330's from the probe/mx6's (or 310's from the 89's and earlier) are way too much injector for any n/a mx3
i used to own a probe gt, and the 330's were able to support me when i was doing 220whp and 294ft/lbs
all it takes is to bring up a lot of pressure onto the rail. i have seen people do over 300whp on the stock 330's in the probes, with just lots of fuel being pushed from behind them, so dont just throw on bigger injectors and think "more fuel = more power"
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

no doubt. those injectors on a N/A DOHC are WAY too big. the 230cc off of the 1.8 or n/a BP are the biggest you would even want to go. and you dont even need thoes unless you have some monsterous cams or something.
schwankesmx3

Post by schwankesmx3 »

this is why i dont let any of my "findings" out on this website because little pricks who think they know everything tear ur ideas up ... put it this way u get u a 1.6dohc and we will run and we will see whos knows more about this little b6ze n/a and the ones who say it wont work havent tried it or thought about it .... go to school become a mechanic then u can put-down my ideas ... im a ASE master tech. and work for palm chevy/kia
3-1-0 RACING club PREZ.
91' 323....daily driver
Joey's mx

Post by Joey's mx »

Dude i am with you on that!! I will be right beside you because i am putting those injectors in my car!! Hey i would like to talk to you about some things on our motors if you want add me to msn Ride4life_32@hotmail.com and tyhanks again for the reply
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

make a car that already runs really rich run richer? whats the point? i guess those super tuners that tune to run LEANER are just doing it all wrong then! :roll:
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
quickshift

Post by quickshift »

there is something called an air fuel ratio, and there is a point, around 13.0:1 where you can make the most hp. by throwing fuel at a car that by no means needs it, you will only be loosing power.
you will make the maximum possible power when there is JUST the right amount of fuel coming in for the specific density of air that just entered. you dont do it the other way around, where you crank up the fuel, and hope you can add air to supplement.

bigger injectors arent always better, especially on lightely modded vehicles, on the stock pump and regulator you will never see use your stock injectors to their full potential, so try upgrading that first
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

stock injectors on the B6 dohc are 205cc (the blue top's). The beige ones are 230cc and come on the BP's
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
MX3-Freak

Post by MX3-Freak »

Bottom line:

If the engine isnt at a stoichiometric point (impossible of course...) then you are loosing power and gas mileage.

By dumping more fuel into a cylinder and not compensating with air, you go farther from stoichiometric then you were. Simple.
Stock 1995 RS - Creek Blue
Car Meanins:
Honda: Hang On, Not Done Accelerating
FORD: Frequently Overhauled, Rarely Driven
Mazda: Must Always Zoom Down Asphalt
lujacks

Post by lujacks »

I am planning on putting bigger injectors on the car and you guys were saying that it would be pointless unless you got more air coming in. I have a cold air, a bored throttle body of +5mm, and a vortech spinner. with that on it would make more sense to put on bigger injectors or no?
bolt on cars are pointless you learn nothing and it's just too easy. http://members.cardomain.com/lujacks

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”