my car is possesed

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
AllisMitchChalmers

my car is possesed

Post by AllisMitchChalmers »

Well i havent bought a new o2 sensor and all of a sudden my gas mileage is REALLY GOOD! What the hell is goin on with this stupid piece of crap.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: my car is possesed

Post by mitmaks »

well they basically tell how much oxygen/gas mixture is in your exhaust, telling computer to lean/rich gas mixture, so if you put in new it senses better and it tells computer it dumps too much gas, so it leaned out and now ure getting better mpg as you saying, which is supposed to do.

btw thats some funny signature lol
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
perhapsadingo8yerbaby

Post by perhapsadingo8yerbaby »

Originally posted by Hennasee:
Well i havent bought a new o2 sensor and all of a sudden my gas mileage is REALLY GOOD! What the hell is goin on with this stupid piece of crap.
I'd be curious to se what IANL thinks... Just an educated guess, but you mentioned the car sat undriven for approx 4 yrs and then you bought it. Maybe the 02 sensor's surface oxidized/rusted a bit during that 4 years because it sat without getting a nice cleansing blast of heated exhaust stream gases. So, the O2 sensor wasn't "reading". Then, you buy it, run it and have lousy mileage until the O2 sensor was exposed to enough hot exhaust that it's surface oxidation "burned off." Now it does it's job. Just speculating...
AllisMitchChalmers

and im still confused.....but the saga shall continue when i get bad mileage again.
guyaverage

Post by guyaverage »

Well perhaps the O2 sensor wasnt the problem to begin with........ :dunno:

If you can get one cheap enough, go ahead and replace it. Its probably due anyway. If the problem never comes back, you'll know. If it does, you'll have one less thing to re-check.
"The answer is: More power. I dont care what the question is."
-Tim Allen
rukick

Post by rukick »

"this stupid piece of crap" Do not talk about your MX3 like that. It is offensive to me. Even on its worst day it is better than most cars. Remember that. ;)
Turbo 94 Protege LX
AllisMitchChalmers

damn cuz my 88 Nissan Sentra i bought for 50 bucks runs better than this piece of ****. My ATX half works and i can do a burn out in the road. Now that I think about it i might sell this crap and get me a 92 sentra....anybody wanna buy a MX-3?
Kokiriwave

Post by Kokiriwave »

damn cuz my 88 Nissan Sentra i bought for 50 bucks runs better than this piece of ****. My ATX half works and i can do a burn out in the road. Now that I think about it i might sell this crap and get me a 92 sentra....anybody wanna buy a MX-3?
:rant2: Do you really expect a car to perform well when it sits for 4 years? You need to spill about 500$ into it to get it running like it should before saying its a POS seriously.
I want MAZDASPEED!
MY WEBSITE:: http://kingmx.net
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

Go ahead and sell it! I'm sure the next owner will put some time in and fix it and not whinge. You can then go to a Sentra site and whine all day, I don't care.

Your not gonna get much sympathy talking like that around here.
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
nos92mx3
Supporting Member

Post by nos92mx3 »

ill buy it from you if you really dont want it ill be down that way around mid october
92' Rs-t b6t/De - RIP

93' Rs-t BPT - Sold

03' WRB wrx Wagon - Current
AllisMitchChalmers

Ill have to get back to you on that one...o and i have somebody i know that has an MX-3 ATX and he keeps his **** in tip top shape and it doesnt do worth a ****. So thats why i want to sell it...
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Its not ment to do burnouts..
Its an ATX! Id be supprised if it lasts you another 20K miles if your dogging it out. that ATX tranny wont handle abuse like that. I you had bought a 5 speed, your thoughts on your car would be alot different than you state.
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

]Hennasee

A. what do u want ur mx to do

I DRAG RACE
A STREET
B STRIP
II SHOW THE CAR
III RACE THE CAR

b stop the cursin