Serious engine swap question

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
The_Great_Tonge

Serious engine swap question

Post by The_Great_Tonge »

Well I have done some pondering and I have come acorss a few questions.
1) If I swap a bp motor into my 94 rs but i keep ym tranny, what would i do with ecu? Wwhat would i need to do to get it working properly with that motor?
2) When i boost the bp, what type of tunining option become avavibly. would i be using a piggy back system from the get go to run the bp since my ecu prob won't work with the motor. If someone would be willing to shed some light on this info it would be greatly appreciated!
The_Great_Tonge

Re: Serious engine swap question

TTT
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

Originally posted by The_Great_Tonge:
Well I have done some pondering and I have come acorss a few questions.
1) If I swap a bp motor into my 94 rs but i keep ym tranny, what would i do with ecu? Wwhat would i need to do to get it working properly with that motor?
2) When i boost the bp, what type of tunining option become avavibly. would i be using a piggy back system from the get go to run the bp since my ecu prob won't work with the motor. If someone would be willing to shed some light on this info it would be greatly appreciated!
Blah i cant be lazy forever and just dodge questions can i. THHHHHHBBBBBBBBBBBTTTTTTTT

Is the car a Auto, that is only the real time when the computer is worired about the tranny. I am not sure on the compability when it comes to the Speedometer though given i dont use mine.

Might be able to find some comments in the FI forum on the second part, stand alones seem to be favoured as a whole This questions answer really depends on what your power goal is. There is a diffrence between 6psi and 18.
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
The_Great_Tonge

5speed trany
only reason i dont wanna switch over to the pro lx tranny is because i have a sweet little act clutch system in mine now, but my b6 is on its last legs, valve tickin and all that crap. my goal would be around 250whp..

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”