Im having a problem

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
MaDDPsycho

Im having a problem

Post by MaDDPsycho »

I got my 1994 1.6 DOHC In november of 2003 and ever since my altinator belt has been squeeling, i've had it checked out by a few mechanics and they don't know why its happening. A few months ago the belt fell off and my battery completly died. I got it put back on and it has since then fallen 2 more times. Does anyone know why this is happening, An answer will be greatly appriciated. thanks.
Typhoonk

Re: Im having a problem

Post by Typhoonk »

wobbly pullies

wrong belt

alternator not adjusted an tightened properly

grease on the pullies

anybody got any more?
-------------------------------------------------------
Got to sell one of my cars to cover the bills
2002 Mazda Protege 5 - Manual, Blue colour fully loaded
PM for info
MaDDPsycho

Post by MaDDPsycho »

My mechanic checked it out and said he can't figure it out, i started laughing and im looking for a new one
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

Mine squeels on take off in first only. I was told (V6) the adjustment is full and it moves on the self adjuster spring. Can't be fixed. Never fallen off though!

Anyone else have this?
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
m92_MX3

Post by m92_MX3 »

i have a squeal when i start the car up after it has been sitting for along time, i thought it just needed to be tighted and never got around to it, i know it doesnt help i just thought i would tell you that mine makes a noise
CTC Racing
92 1.6L
93 323 Tranny, ACT clutch, Exhaust, cold air intake, MSD Blaster 2 coil, MSD 8.5mm super conductor wires NGK V-power platinum plugs,engine dress up,custom interior(almost done), GS front bumper, GS 5 spoke wheels Painted white.
iLLuSi0nZMx-3

Post by iLLuSi0nZMx-3 »

check the belt tensioner...
2'intrax lowering springs..injen custom intake..port/polished...arospeed 1/2 exaust..autometer gauges..unorthodox racing underdrive pulleys..chip.
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

Originally posted by MaDDPsycho:
I got my 1994 1.6 DOHC In november of 2003 and ever since my altinator belt has been squeeling, i've had it checked out by a few mechanics and they don't know why its happening. A few months ago the belt fell off and my battery completly died. I got it put back on and it has since then fallen 2 more times. Does anyone know why this is happening, An answer will be greatly appriciated. thanks.
This is actually a semi common problem. Usually you have to run a mazda belt to fix this as of aftermakret ones are hit or miss. Its more common in probes/mx6s though. A lot of has to do with the V belts width.

In reality the problem is with the way they were designed and imporerly supported from the aftermakret. There really is nothing "Wrong"

Dont drive your car without the Alternator belt, it also turns the water pump and your motor will over heat.
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Check the alignment of the pulleys. You would be suprised how often they get screwed up, especially when you move things around for service etc. like the alternator.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”