brakes running dry of fluid, and quick too!

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
luis castro

brakes running dry of fluid, and quick too!

Post by luis castro »

sup guys. well, i'm a bit confused. my brake fluid keeps going down very quick. i mean i have to put an entire bottle of brake fluis everyday before i go out. i have checked my brake lines and everything seems to be fine. has this happened to anyone? can anyone please give me some advice before my brakes run out and i crash somewhere.
save a lung, smoke a honda.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: brakes running dry of fluid, and quick too!

Post by mitmaks »

does it have drum brakes on back? your wheel cylinders probably leaking
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

You have a leak in the system. Plain and simple.

The list of things to check on this is a long one. I would suggest getting a profesional to check it out as of Brake systems as a whole are nasty and brake fluid is extremly corrosive.

If your either cheap/broke/dont want to go to a mechainc cause you can fix it.

Check the brake lines, bleed valuves, brake balancer, calipers, and the cylanders (if your have drum in the rear). Also check the master cylender as well, the base may have a wet looking ring below it (where it contacts the break booster) or the resivor may have a leak.

basicall you are looking for wet spots follow clean surfaces given break fluid will eat just about anything.
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

bah, it isn't that hard to tell where its coming from.

Jack up the car and remove all of the wheels. Look at the rubber lines, the caliper in the front & the wheel cylinders in the rear. Removing the drum itself is the biggest PITA, they are usually pretty frozen on there.

Or you can take it to a mechanic, bend over and take a good @$$ramming, i'm sure they'll charge you 600+ for a "new brakejob". Even though the braking system is the simplest mechanical system on the vehicle & easiest to work on.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”