what do you guys think

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
m92_MX3

what do you guys think

Post by m92_MX3 »

i am looking for ideas for the next step for my car so i am asking what would you guys do with a 92 1.6 SOHC ? dont say swap it. i would like the help
CTC Racing
92 1.6L
93 323 Tranny, ACT clutch, Exhaust, cold air intake, MSD Blaster 2 coil, MSD 8.5mm super conductor wires NGK V-power platinum plugs,engine dress up,custom interior(almost done), GS front bumper, GS 5 spoke wheels Painted white.
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Re: what do you guys think

Post by atlantamx3 »

Originally posted by m92_MX3:
what would you guys do with a 92 1.6 SOHC ? dont say swap it.
Nothing. Its a piece of crap. The only thing its good for is a boat anchor. :crying:
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

swap it :p
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
m92_MX3

Post by m92_MX3 »

thanks guys :shrug:
CTC Racing
92 1.6L
93 323 Tranny, ACT clutch, Exhaust, cold air intake, MSD Blaster 2 coil, MSD 8.5mm super conductor wires NGK V-power platinum plugs,engine dress up,custom interior(almost done), GS front bumper, GS 5 spoke wheels Painted white.
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

turbo it :p
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

what is next step to what? performance looks? etc? as far as engine nothing you can do to really increase performance unless you wanna spend couple grand boring it out and making it stroker, with ported/polished heads, then you dont know what compressio youll run if its too high youll need race fuel
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

look at my mods below laters

Drifter MX-3
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

Well there is 2 options. I have asked myself this question multiple times and these are my findings:

1. Go to racingmazda.com and buy the Stage 1 turbo kit and go from there.

2. Go to my local shop to get a port and polish, head work, and a whole crank shaft balance job done; then go with a ZEX Nos 45 wet shot.

Option 1 is the one i like the best. I like turbos. In theory You will be able to get more power after time. SOHC hold more boost.

But with Option 2 you will over time get better gas mileage and have the power when you want it and not went you don't (Stop sign, Cop there, Spin tires = Bad).

This is what "I" have found and am doing research on. Any more help I could give you give me a PM or email me. :)
m92_MX3

Post by m92_MX3 »

now i like number 1, but what about the little things i can do ?
CTC Racing
92 1.6L
ryanlindenberg

Post by ryanlindenberg »

intake & exhaust
CARDOMAIN WITH UPDATED PICS
"There are 2 kinds of pedestrians, the quick and the dead."
Tempus

Post by Tempus »

You're not likely to spin the tires at a stop sign with a turbo... little boost at idle..

intake and exhaust could be done now, you'd get some minor gains, but both set you up nicely for a turbo.. I wouldn't mess with headers since they'd just get replaced if you do go turbo. But you could do exhaust work from the cat going back..
{sigh} Time to move on
Out with the old: Tropical Emerald MX-3 GSR (KL-DE)
In with the new: Phantom Blue Mazda3s GT
Ma-Ze

Post by Ma-Ze »

Originally posted by Clayton:

1. Go to racingmazda.com and buy the Stage 1 turbo kit and go from there.

92 MX-3 RS,
Racing Mazda turbo kit. 451 WHP @ 25 psi
12.1 @ 117 mph w/318whp
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/652555
plusinfinit

Post by plusinfinit »

Save tyhe money and buy a motorcycle.LOL
There is some ****n u can do but it is costly and it will not give you much power, i have a cone shaped air filter and an MSD ignition control and wires, spent around 350 USD, the car picks up faster, sounds better but ****.....it wasn't worth the money.
StPapp

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”