is it possible to swap out the stock 4cyl rs engine to a

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Mo s Ricer

is it possible to swap out the stock 4cyl rs engine to a

Post by Mo s Ricer »

is it possible to swap out the stock 1.6L 4cyl rs engine to the 2.5L KL-ZE jap engine? if not do u know y not. please help me the 4cyl just aint doing it for me [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img] nuke20016@aol.com
mosricer is powerd by mx-3's,gen2 mr2's and of course SUBARU'S.
Live Life One Ride At A Time.
VizualXTC

Re: is it possible to swap out the stock 4cyl rs engine to a

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mo s Ricer:<BR><STRONG>is it possible to swap out the stock 1.6L 4cyl rs engine to the 2.5L KL-ZE jap engine? if not do u know y not. please help me the 4cyl just aint doing it for me [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img] nuke20016@aol.com </STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Welcome to the board. Actually the I4 to V6(KLZE) swap is very difficult. There have been people that have done it though. If you go to the main page, and look in the technical information area, there is a link to a few sites. You basically need a V6 MX-3 as a donor because you will need basically everything from the firewall forward. <BR>Also, just to let you know, there is a search function just below the "post" button. Most questions have been answered before so check that out. If yu can't find it, feel free to post it. I personally don't care if you post the same question once a week, but there are some jerks on the board that will make a BIG deal about it. Welcome to the board, and good luck on your mods.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
Mo s Ricer

Post by Mo s Ricer »

is it easyer to just swap in a stock gs v6 engine insted of the 2.5L kl-ze?
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

it's about the same because you are basicly turning your car into a gs, then putting in a 2.5L. if you want more power, it's possible with a 4cyl. there are options for us little guys. you can swap in the b6t or bpt. depending on the year of your mx, you can even put a 323gtx/gt turbo manifold and turbo on. there is a wealth of info on the board on what your options are. good luck and welcome.
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
Mo s Ricer

Post by Mo s Ricer »

well i got a 92 mx3 what engine should i be looking for b6t or bpt
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mo s Ricer:<BR><STRONG>well i got a 92 mx3 what engine should i be looking for b6t or bpt</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>Well assuming you have the 4cyl engine, either engine will work. The bpt is more powerful and less available.
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
MX-Dan

Post by MX-Dan »

What cars had that engine? I want to do a swap on my 92 rs automatic. I want a v6 stick. I was planning on the KLZE when I had the dough but have heard too much about it being very expensive and difficult. What engine would be the best for HP and off of what car should I look for it? Also who has swapped an engine into a rs? What have you got?
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Realize to swap over from a 4cl to a v6, esp from an auto, there is LOTS of money involved. its actually cheaper to sell the RS and get a GS. reason being.. just to name a few parts needed.<P>v6 Motor<BR>tranny<BR>clutch<BR>clutch pedal<BR>master cylinder (for the clutch)<BR>shifter<BR>ECU<BR>wiring harness<BR>axles<BR>(just to name a few)<P>this can get real expensive without a donor car. Also, swapping from an auto to manual is a real pain as well. Daniel T did it and he had a donor car. Problem is alot of re-wiring has to be done. The autos have an extra ECU to control the auto tranny ( I believe is called the ATCU). The neutral saftey switch has to be wired in as well as the clutch pedal, master cylinder, tranny, clutch, flywheel. (thats not all thats needed, btw)
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

This page may help<BR><A HREF="http://www.mx-3.com/swap/" TARGET=_blank>http://www.mx-3.com/swap/</A>
Mo s Ricer

Post by Mo s Ricer »

what cars dose the bpt come out of?<BR>what cars dose the b6t come out of?
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

go to corksport.com they have engines and prices they can even tell u what u need
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
ikedogg

Post by ikedogg »

i think you should be aware of A-Spec Import Performance in Ontario, Canada. they will convert the 4 cyl to either the KL (164hp; 160torque) or KL-ZE (200hp; 165torque) V6 for you. the costs are roughly $2,800 (US) for the ZE into the 4 cyl, and $2,400 (US) for the KL into the 4 cyl. you can get more information at <A HREF="http://www.a-spec.ca" TARGET=_blank>http://www.a-spec.ca</A>
and konstantine is walking down the stairs...
lazzyie

Post by lazzyie »

b series engines are tough as hell though, i woulda turboed mine if i bought a fourcylinder, come on ive seem 350hp miatas on stock internals, just a thought though! good luck :)
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
Paragon

Post by Paragon »

i'd to with the BPT. btw everyone, thanks for being so polite :D

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”