Transmission or CV problems

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Joe Carlson

Transmission or CV problems

Post by Joe Carlson »

Hey, i've got sort of a big problem, i had a popping noise coming from my frontend. i had a bad cv so i replaced thinking that was it, and it was still there, so i replaced the other side as well. It only did it on right turns at first but now it does it on any turn and harder. when it pops you can feel it give the car a slight jolt. The only other thing i can think that it would be are the sidegears and spidergears. The driverside cv, had a hard time coming out and goin back in, not like all the other cv's i have replaced where after the clip pops out, it slides out with ease. Please give me any suggestions that you guys have, or help too. Thanks-Joe
92 MX-3 1.8L DOHC BP, 17" Konig wheels, 2.5 exuast, custom CAI, inverted style carbon fiber hood, GT-Combat body kit.
OsoSlo z28

Re: Transmission or CV problems

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

did you check your ball joints when you had the axles out?
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
schwankesmx3

Post by schwankesmx3 »

uhh dude i had this problem but i had more than a lil jolt its your spindles grinding to peices then soon your hole tranny will blow you need to get it fixed soon
3-1-0 RACING club PREZ.
94' mx-3.....was all motor now awd bpt
91' 323....daily driver
78' cutless coupe...bad a-- mofo v8
95' eclipse gsx......awd turbo 11.4 eta
dj inferno

Post by dj inferno »

say bye bye to ur transaxle... sorry man i hadda to :( that sounds exactly like what happend to mine... i bet u got about 10 more miles... depending on how u drive and how bad u want it to be...
Joe Carlson

Post by Joe Carlson »

Thanks for the info, i kind of figured that i was going to need to replace the transmission, but if i can get away with it i'll see if I can just replace the spidergears. The ball joints are good, i checked. I was actually on a long trip, and i noticed the noise pullin into a gas station, but i made it another 500 miles before i replaced the cv's, and then drove it around for about a week. that's what kind of puzzles me, most trannys don't go that long after developing a problem. Thanks-Joe
92 MX-3 1.8L DOHC BP, 17" Konig wheels, 2.5 exuast, custom CAI, inverted style carbon fiber hood, GT-Combat body kit.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”