damn stupid people!.... E-break help please....

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
dj inferno

damn stupid people!.... E-break help please....

Post by dj inferno »

ok... bought my car a while ago.... and just relized how nice a remote start would be.... but... the problem is that i have a manual so i need a E-break.... and as far as i know the dumbass i bought my car from thought it would be a great idea to cut the e-break... soooo does anyone know wtf i can do... sence mazda wants to charge me 85$ for each one... (theres 3).... help?
lol thanks
torpedan

Re: damn stupid people!.... E-break help please....

Post by torpedan »

Your kinda against a wall on this one. You could try getting it form a junk yard though.
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
dj inferno

Post by dj inferno »

ok does anyone know why sumone would do this? lol
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

Year and model of car? I might be able to help.
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
dj inferno

Post by dj inferno »

the car is a 1992 mx3.... idk if it snaped or was cut, cuz i took it to first line to get my clutch replaced and asked them if they new what was wrong, and they said it was cut, the dumbass i bought it from told me that when they put the 17" on they had to disconect the Ebrake cuz the cable wasn't long enough... i think he was full of sh... stuff... but w/e lol

<small>[ January 03, 2004, 03:04 AM: Message edited by: dj inferno ]</small>
dj inferno

Post by dj inferno »

lol told ya... but yah... how hard would it be to install the lines if i figured out what the hell he did?
Aston Wards

Post by Aston Wards »

I don't think it should be all that hard, it's just a cable isn't it? I guess you're lucky that was the only thing that got in his way!
91 Eunos Presso KF-ZE
89 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+2
90 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+0
mx3TT
Supporting Member

Post by mx3TT »

Well the old one is still under there right? Just replace as you go when you get a new one. Simple as that. The guy you bought your car from sounds like a genious by the way :2thumbsup:
Chris

MY MX-3 PICTURES
MX-3.com's online store - SUPPORT MX-3.COM
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

what a doofus this guy must have been
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

Enough about the guy he bought the car from, let's help him solve his problem. I've got a spare mx-3 and the e-brake worked just fine. If you want my cable and handle or whatever, let me know and shoot me an offer.
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
plusinfinit

Post by plusinfinit »

Hey my e brake cable snaped too, so i went to the dealer and bought the front brake cable. There are 3 brake cables. Look in the book if u have the book. All u need to do is take out that shield that is in betwen your exhaust pipe and your car. A couple of bolts that might be rusted so i had it fixed for 30 USD cash by some heavy metal punk mechanic that had a car lift and an impact gun. Replacing the cables that go to the brake drums is not that easy...haven't done it yet so i can't help. It's pretty esy to change the front brake cable thats the one that is conected to your brakelever. Sice i couldn't get that shiled out i had to take it to that mechanic but i removed the interior of teh car myself so it was cheap.
StPapp
dj inferno

Post by dj inferno »

lol ok... ummm welll..... let me drive it up to the corner (first line engien shop), they have worked on it b4 (new clutch) and see if they will charge me to tell me whats REALLY wrong sence i don't got a car lift to see under da car. thx ppl, i'll let ya know what they say probley in like a day or two thx... oh and i might just needa buy the clable from sumone cuz im sure it will be cheaper then from mazda lol
plusinfinit

Post by plusinfinit »

That cable is kind of hard to find at autozone or other car part stores, a junkyard might do it but hey it was 34 USD brand new and they had it in stock. How far are u from cleveland ohio? if u are close i could help.
StPapp

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”