Head Gasket HELPPPP

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
sweetmx3

Head Gasket HELPPPP

Post by sweetmx3 »

Ok hereis the story and help me with a choice. My head gasket is leaking very little down the block my mechanic said we have 2 ways of doing one just take the head off and exhaust manifold off and check for warpness on the head throw the gasket on and that's it but obviously changing water pump and timing belt and accesories belt just so everything is new and new coolant and oil change and only changing valve cover,exhaust manifold, and head gasket. Or all that and instead get a whole head set and take the cylinder head apart and clean up the head the valves and put new seals including then the intake manifold so the thing I have a 92 rs with 140000 on it it runs great no smoking when starting or misfires but 2 ways one cheaper obvious and other long term satisfaction. And Iam probably going to use mazda gaskets beleive it or not cheaper than a/m the cost would be 1000-1100 for everything also a new cv axle included. So new gaskets and seals waterpump,timing belt,acc belt,clean head and valves, cvaxle shifter bushings, and fuelfilter. SO LET ME KNOW WHAT U GUYS THINK TO HELP ME FURTHER MY DECISION AND OTHER COMMENTS ARE WELCOME THANKS AGAIN. SORRY FOR THE LONG POST :p
Marlon

Re: Head Gasket HELPPPP

Post by Marlon »

i have a 1993 sohc 1.6l with only 130, 000 kms on the engine for sale
i only took it out cause i put a bp 1.8l dohc

u want that
1993 MX-3 GS V6 - Stock
2004 MazdaSpeed MX-5
2004 RX-8 - Project
sweetmx3

Re: Head Gasket HELPPPP

Post by sweetmx3 »

I am just trying to figure out what would be the best idea maybe a engine swap just totally thanks for the reply.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”