gas mileage

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
chellio

gas mileage

Post by chellio »

I was just wondering what everyone else is getting on their precidia. Mine's a '96 4 cyl and I'm getting 9.6km/litre. That sounds really bad to me. If it's as bad as I think, what are some things I can do to improve it? I always put in the next step up from cheap gas.

Michelle
*~Michelle~*
(1996 Black MX3)
ScAb BoY

Re: gas mileage

Post by ScAb BoY »

i had a 92 4 cyl w/ SOHC and i got 30Miles to the Gallon
if that helps any
If It goes fast enough to kill me or do somthing stupid on it then, I want IT!!!!!!

http://www.cardomain.com/id/streetfighter101
Freq2002

Re: gas mileage

Post by Freq2002 »

Full tune up, plugs/cap/rotor, change all fluids, air filter, & get the injectors cleaned (if you have the $ have them properly tested).
Make sure the tires are in good shape & are properly inflated, that alone can greatly affect your milage.

I tracked the milage in my car for a couple years & found that there's NOT enough difference between the cheap gas & higher octane to warrant the cost unless you do more constant highway driving than you do in town/stop-n-go driving. Never had a problem with pinging or detonation, so save your money.

I did put on a full flow, 2" exaust sytem, it helped the milage a bit, but really helped out on my top end power on the highway. Made hills a lot less difficult. Also popped in a K&N filter in the stock housing & lost the stock snorkel easy mod that improved the airflow quite a bit, gained another 1-2 MPG on average.
The contents of this post are the opinions of myself and are NEVER meant to be percieved as the "be all, end all". So cram it!! :p

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”