installing cd player please Help!!!!

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
MX3ChiCk95

installing cd player please Help!!!!

Post by MX3ChiCk95 »

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can anyone help me out by telling me how to remove the tape deck in my MX-3??? The thing wont budge and I am trying to put my new cd player in! I already got everything lose. All those dang flaps and screws. ack! respond asap!
gmuffb

Re: installing cd player please Help!!!!

Post by gmuffb »

You can find out how if you search this site. You need to bend two pieces of a coat hanger into a U and insert them into the four holes on your tape deck.
¤Kelli¤
MX3ChiCk95

Post by MX3ChiCk95 »

I bent the 2 hangers and tried to pull, but only the left side would budge. Do you know what could be wrong with the right side? Everything would go smoothly if it would just come out. er.
voltaire

Post by voltaire »

If you're lucky and you search your glove box or trunk carefully, you may find two little clip looking things that you never knew the use for. Use them. If not, try the coat hanger technique. There are little clips mounted to the head unit that grab onto the sides until you use the clips to push them in.
sheller

Post by sheller »

I just replaced mine and had pretty much the same problem. The right side would pull out just fine but the left wouldn't. Somehow that spring clamp thing screwed into the left side had been bent out and couldn't be forced "in" by inserting the metal rods (I used these little screwdrivers instead of bent coat hanger). I ended up pulling the right side out far enough to take the two little screws out held the clamp on. With that clamp off I had a little more room to work with nor did I have to worry about it getting stuck again. I then pushed the unit back in almost all the way and shifted it to the right (which I could do because of removing that clamp). I then used a flat bladed screw driver to pry the left back into position and pulled the whole thing out. Just take your time and be careful with things so nothing gets broken.<BR>I would definitely recommend buying a wiring harness. You should be able to get them from a car stereo place for $10-15. You can then connect that to the receiver's wiring while sitting watching tv or somewhere else that has room and is comfortable. That way when your in the car all you have to do is connect the harness to the car's harness. I find that it is a lot easier that way...especially if you might eventually put the stock radio back in. <BR>Good luck with it.<BR>Steve<BR>'92 GS<BR>Rockford Fosgate RFX9400<BR>Eclipse 6 1/2's all around
majicmike

Post by majicmike »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Emily:<BR><STRONG>I bent the 2 hangers and tried to pull, but only the left side would budge. Do you know what could be wrong with the right side? Everything would go smoothly if it would just come out. er.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>i used four long alen wrenches to remove my deck. they are thinner than coat hangers. my stereo still tried to bind up on the right side. i pushed the deck back and tried again making sure all four clips were released. the deck came out easy on the second try.
polak_gino

Post by polak_gino »

YO just go to a shop near ur house they should do it for free for u. i went to a shop near my house and wanted to buy the keys cuz i heard if u f#$# it up with hangers it can get stuck and u'll never be able to remove it so i went to see how much they would cost and the guy just went to my car and did it for me in 2 secs for no charge
> Toronto MX-3 Club
> My Car Audio Install
> ProMazda.com

Metalic Green '92 GS 5-Speed
Shades

Post by Shades »

I say just go with a wire coat hanger... make sure they are pushed in far so that it releases the clips... and pull it out straight... ta da!<P>Just my 2 cents...
JoN - Ex-Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Apprentice
1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica

RACING BP fully built with Twin Scroll GT3071R TURBO @ +30psi - Specs and Pictures

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"
loudsubz

Post by loudsubz »

Canadian Tire sells the radio keys.
MX3ChiCk95

Post by MX3ChiCk95 »

Thanks guys for all your advice! It worked and I'm loving my new MP3 CD Player! :)

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”