e-brake light

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
illicitQ

e-brake light

Post by illicitQ »

when im driving sometimes my e-brake light comes on for about 3 seconds and turns off.. i check to see if my e-bake is engaged by accident but it never is. can anyone help?
thanx,
Q
92 RS: BPT, evo front mount, custom 2.5 in IC pipes, apex-i SAFC- II, GReddy type-RS BOV, rear disc swap, GTX front strutbar, oem GS lower rear tie bar, Topspeed1 axle back exhaust, 15" TSW wrapped in yokohamas, power window swap. NOT INSTALLED: GReddy turbo timer and CS downpipe.
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: e-brake light

Post by Custommx3 »

check your brake fluid. It usually comes on when its low.
illicitQ

Post by illicitQ »

the fluid level is at half. im going to fill it but could it be something else?
92 RS: BPT, evo front mount, custom 2.5 in IC pipes, apex-i SAFC- II, GReddy type-RS BOV, rear disc swap, GTX front strutbar, oem GS lower rear tie bar, Topspeed1 axle back exhaust, 15" TSW wrapped in yokohamas, power window swap. NOT INSTALLED: GReddy turbo timer and CS downpipe.
guyaverage

Post by guyaverage »

He's right check your brake fluid, mine flickered when the fluid was slightly over half. If the fluid is that low you also might want to check the pads and shoes they might be pretty worn.
"The answer is: More power. I dont care what the question is."
-Tim Allen
keetonFXY

Post by keetonFXY »

You need a brake service --- happens to me to mine is really loose it kinda pops up whenever i go over a bump
Jerald9MX-3

Post by Jerald9MX-3 »

Yup, I just changed my brakes and the fluid and it ended the flickering brake light. Also if you are gonna do the brake change and you have rear drums. Make sure and check the E-brake control arm. Its known to get stuck.... getting that moving again will help to stop the flickering over bumps. :welder:
Cars, Girls.....Oh and Cars again!

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”