Touch what?

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
gmuffb

Touch what?

Post by gmuffb »

Any one know what the hell the little "touch" button is on the door panels? For real?
¤Kelli¤
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Touch what?

Post by Custommx3 »

for discharging static, read your manual :)
92RedMX3

Post by 92RedMX3 »

Ok, here in texas we got problems during the winter. You see when we step out of our cars and go to shut the door, its shocks the living HELL out of you. SOmetimes its so bad you can here it. Well what you do is touch that little touch button before you get out of the car and it grounds you so you dont get shocked. I have the origional 92 users manual with mine and it said that is the purpose.
gmuffb

Post by gmuffb »

Thanks guys, that's very odd though. I'm slightly thrown off by it but if it says it in the manual, that must be it. Interesting! thanks again!
¤Kelli¤
EBUCKS

Post by EBUCKS »

Man you guys are good. Thanks Custommx3 and thanks 92RedMX3, cuz I have that problem and it's so bad, my teeth grind when I get out of the car. Thank you too Gmuffb for asking the question. :) I guess I need to read more.<BR>So does every car have this problem and thereofore a grounding system? <P>one
Psyrg

Post by Psyrg »

Those electrostatic shocks can also be cured by changing the type of fabric you wear. If you wear synthetics, the plastics in your car will allow you to build a charge. The touch button is a really nice feature though.
92RedMX3

Post by 92RedMX3 »

Ebucks. Well I know that every car I have ever owned has shocked the hell out of me if that answers your question :D

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”