Whats the best spark plug wires

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
fictionaldaydream

Whats the best spark plug wires

Post by fictionaldaydream »

I bought some ngk wires but they ended up being for the 92-93. Do they have some accel ones for our car. I heard those are some good ones. Also does anyone know where I can get some online
mazda20

Re: Whats the best spark plug wires

Post by mazda20 »

I got the accel and I got them from summit racing.
94 Mazda MX-3 BPT Custom Intake/Exhaust T3/T4, 51mm BOV, Tial WG, 2.5" Piping, 880cc Inj, Godspeed Intercooler, TEC II
My MX-3 Website
dropitlikeitshot

Post by dropitlikeitshot »

magnecore spark plug wires r the best i think. Everbody says they're the best bang for your buck..check my site i think its on my last page.<p>[ April 21, 2003: Message edited by: dropitlikeitshot ]</p>
Hot damn its a new day!!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/nappyforawhile(Updated)
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

taylor makes good quality wires at a good price.
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

MSD wires rock imho.. Dont waste your money on nology wires btw =]
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
azmtbkr81

Post by azmtbkr81 »

Stock wires are NKGs, I'd just get those. You can pick them up on the internet at various places for cheap.
'94 Blaze Red RS<P>I may not have a lot of horsepower but I know how to use it!
MX3chicago

Post by MX3chicago »

im sorry but bosch is de best if u combine it with a +2 plugs and wires with a co2 sensor it boosted my HP +5 so im happy im running bout 100 right now im guesing my 1st gear is quick 2nd is EH could of been like my ol 240
Freq2002

Post by Freq2002 »

OK, here's the deal, wires can NOT boost your horse power. If you get a noticable gain by changing wires, it's coz your old ones were junk. Period. Try getting your car tuned up more often.<p>As to who makes the best wires? Well thats a matter of endless debate. There are a few of things to consider when you look for wires, THEN you look at who has what you need.
* Conducter diameter & composition. (FYI, 6/7/8mm is the thickness of the insulating jacket and has $hit to do with performance)
* resistance of the wire
* intended use<p>NGK & Bosch make some of the best overall wires out there. I almost always go with Bosch coz lets face it, you cant beat a lifetime warranty on a high quality part.
The contents of this post are the opinions of myself and are NEVER meant to be percieved as the "be all, end all". So cram it!! :p
ryanlindenberg

Post by ryanlindenberg »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by mx3chicago:
im sorry but bosch is de best if u combine it with a +2 plugs and wires with a co2 sensor it boosted my HP +5 so im happy im running bout 100 right now im guesing my 1st gear is quick 2nd is EH could of been like my ol 240<hr></blockquote><p>1)you have another post that says that the wires and plugs messed up your car. so are they the best or do they mess up your car? they can't do both.<p>2)what does a co2 sensor have anything to do with spark plug wires.<p>3)wires don't increase horsepower. they MAY help with throttle response.<p>by the way i put on my 72" aluminum wing that i spent $50 on and i think it increased my horsepower by at least 15. next i'm buying some decals, then i will be smoking those ricer honda boys.<p> :roll:
CARDOMAIN WITH UPDATED PICS
"There are 2 kinds of pedestrians, the quick and the dead."
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

better yet what the hell is a co2 sensor LMAO
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

Common ricer myth: "performance plugwires increase power".<p>correct way to word it: "Peformance plugwires increase throttle response". <p>Increased throttle response can feel like increased power, but it only makes your engine more responsive to your right foot. I still think getting good plugwires is a good way to upgrade your car. Throttle response IS important and you can actually accelerate quicker if your old wires were starting to go.<p>From my experience, Magnecors and NGK's are the best quality wires. I'm going to get a set of Magnecors when I put in my GTR motor. I currently have some strange BAE DIING wires that have built in capacitors that apparently "boost the spark" (which is another bull**** claim from a company). <p>
As for Nology wires....its true they come with ground wires which are supposed to help increase power, but with the way our cars are (external ignition coil) I really don't see how this would do a thing for power. I don't support companies that make bull**** claims, and Nology is one of these companies. They claim a 5-10% increase in not only HP but fuel economy which is a TOTAL LIE, and MISLEADING. I wouldn't give this company a dollar until they show DYNO PROOF of MX3's or any other B series powered Mazda showing HP and Torque Gains.<p>I've seen charts of Civics (which have internal coils built into their distributors) and the Nology's actually did show a slight gain (something like 2.6whp peak). This was tested by a magazine. HCI? OR Import Tuner about 2 years back. But since our cars have an external coil..you'd be better off giving that coil a GOOD ground as well as your distributor to get the same results.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

i could show you my dyno runs that shows the wires DIDNT change anything.. recently a purcjased a bit of software/hardware call Road Dyno.. it work rather well.. i got the wires just out of curiosty.. shouldnt have wasted the moeny. =]
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
Freq2002

Post by Freq2002 »

Just a bit of info, those nifty wires with the braided shielding & ground wire are good for just about nothing. All the shielding really does is reduce interference in your stereo.
Low impedance wires are notorious for creating more interference than the high impedance stock wires. you'll get a hotter spark, but also not the noise you'd get w/o the shielding.
You can do the same thing yorself with a bit of wire loom & some heat shrink tubing, for about half of what those rip-off artists charge too.
The contents of this post are the opinions of myself and are NEVER meant to be percieved as the "be all, end all". So cram it!! :p

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”