why is this!!!

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
wannabeaballer

why is this!!!

Post by wannabeaballer »

Everytime that i put the petal to the floor, my acceleration hesitates for about 3 secs, then goes. Wouldn't that be the fuel injecters, or would it be the belts. Thanx
dropitlikeitshot

Re: why is this!!!

Post by dropitlikeitshot »

clutch.. its most likely your clutch..if your fuel injectors were bad u would know..maybe im wrong but thats the same thing that happened to me before my clutch went.. :shrug:
Hot damn its a new day!!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/nappyforawhile(Updated)
Manach

Post by Manach »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by wannabeaballer:
Everytime that i put the petal to the floor, my acceleration hesitates for about 3 secs, then goes. Wouldn't that be the fuel injecters, or would it be the belts. Thanx<hr></blockquote><p>Just to make sure..<p>You are cruising at normal speed.. maybe 60 km/h on the fourth gear, then you press it all a sudden?<p>The ECU is dealing with the added fuel you just gave him.. Kick down one or 2 gears when doing that.. or press a little smoother.. until the RPM reaches higher number.
Manach
Ex Mx'er with a Mx-3 1993..

Still in the Mazda Familly with :
-Mazda Rx-7 1987 GXL (Not running, one housing does not compress)
-Mazda Protege MazdaSpeed 2003.5 Titanium!

Still got 3 Engines!
- B6-ZE : Turbo Festiva project (Waiting donor car)
- BP-DE : Trader for a B6-ZE 1994 for parts upgrade in the Festiva project
- K8 : For sell. Pm me for info!

Once you go turbo, you can never go back!
wannabeaballer

Post by wannabeaballer »

the mx3 i have is a automatic. I wish it was a stick, so can you think of what it would be.
dropitlikeitshot

i dont know..but isnt that with all automatic..when u stomp it. it delays for a few seconds.
Hot damn its a new day!!
wannabeaballer

Post by wannabeaballer »

i think so but it just seems like it's lagging more than it normaly does. What would happen if i put new fuel injectors in my car, cause it has around 115k miles. I bet the've never been changed. :shrug:
dropitlikeitshot

if your injectors r the problem then it would help if u change them..but automatics kill hp so when u stomp it..most automatics take a few secs to kick in unless u have some sort of forced induction. there is a way to see if u fuel injectors r at blame. take the fuel injectors out one by one and turn over the car when u pull each one out and the one or ones that have less gas or no gas come out of it..should be replaced..also have u tried the fuel injector cleaner?
Hot damn its a new day!!
wannabeaballer

Post by wannabeaballer »

no i havn't but i will. Thank you very much for the help i really appreciate it.!!!! :)
Freq2002

Post by Freq2002 »

I had the auto tranny in my car, it never hesitated on me when I'd tromp on it. It would take a half second to kick down a gear (if I didn't have it locked & shift manualy), but thats about it.
Dirty injectors can cause a serious bog tho, always a good idea to have them cleaned professionaly every few thousand miles. Alot cheaper than replacing them all at any rate. Places like Jiffy-Lube can do it for a decent price.
Might wanna look at getting the tranny flushed too with all those miles on it. Old burned up fluid will cause issues with shifting & slippage of the clutches.
The contents of this post are the opinions of myself and are NEVER meant to be percieved as the "be all, end all". So cram it!! :p
keetonFXY

Post by keetonFXY »

I would check your timing if it hesitates I just advanced my timing and I get off the line pull feels good .... well better haha

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”