I need help

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
jamario

I need help

Post by jamario »

I ran for the first time in my 1993 sohc against a civic.Had a good luanch when all of a sudden blue smoke started to come through my vents andmy engine started to smell like nasty burnt rubber.What this mean? Is my engine burning up internally?
IF LIFE DOESN'T OFFER A GAME WORTH PLAYING, THEN INVENT ONE.
type R freak

Re: I need help

Post by type R freak »

Hehehe, so who won??<p>Dude, smoke shouldnt be going thru your vents.
The only time I ever see smoke thru my vents is when I smoke the tires to warm them up.<p>Is my engine burning up internally?<p>Hahaha. Uhmm yeah! In every revolution a total of 4 pistons goes up and down to create pressure inside what is called a combustion chamber. The valves open up and let out gasoline and air. When the piston goes before top dead center the distrubutor sends electric curent to the spark plug, the plug sends a spark to the presurized piston chamber, thus making a boom to move the piston back down. Exhaust valve opens up and lets out the smoke thru the exhaust manifold, down to your exhaust. So knowing this i'd say yes! Your engine is burning internally, but I dont think that's why you are getting smoke thru your vents. :D <p>
Did you guys burn rubber??
jamario

Re: I need help

Post by jamario »

Hehehe funny. I figured out what the smoke was...my clutch. I did smell some thing funny whenever I put my car in gear on the way to the track. After my second run my clutch was slipping like a mutha freaker. It's all good now I have a reason to buy a clutch. Yeah we did burn some rubber.
IF LIFE DOESN'T OFFER A GAME WORTH PLAYING, THEN INVENT ONE.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”