Miata header

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
jspecmazdaman

Miata header

Post by jspecmazdaman »

My thought is that the 94 miata header will bolt up to the mx-3 1.6 DOHC and with a little modifying would work perfectly. Any input on this would be appreciated but please know what you are talking about.
Marlon

Re: Miata header

Post by Marlon »

wont work
might bolt up but it would hit your tire
lol
1993 MX-3 GS V6 - Stock
2004 MazdaSpeed MX-5
2004 RX-8 - Project
jspecmazdaman

Post by jspecmazdaman »

Like i said, please know what you are talking about if you reply. The header will bolt up and as i said it must be modified to work. Incase you don't know MODIFYING means cutting or bending the header to fit. Then it would not hit the tire stupid!!!!!!!!!!!
boostedmx

Post by boostedmx »

then it is defeating the purpose of a tuned header... and please, be nice. :roll:
DRAG SPEC MX3 BEING PARTED OUT.
BUY ALL MY STUFF OR DIE.lol, SERIOUSLY BUY MY STUFF. PLEEEASE
Marlon

Post by Marlon »

ya shut up you f-loser
if you knew what you were talknig about why did u ask
1993 MX-3 GS V6 - Stock
2004 MazdaSpeed MX-5
2004 RX-8 - Project
azmtbkr81

Post by azmtbkr81 »

Going through all that effort would be pointless plus it would most likely ruin the exhaust flow that the header was designed for, the DOHC already has a well designed exhaust manifold. If you wanted to you could port match and polish it for a couple extra horses.<p>Just to let you know, having an attitude like that will make people develop a disliking for you very quickly, and may get you kicked off.
'94 Blaze Red RS<P>I may not have a lot of horsepower but I know how to use it!
jspecmazdaman

Post by jspecmazdaman »

Well designed manifold???????
Im sure you all have noticed how restricting the factory manifold is. Surely you noticed the big resonator choking the hell outta the engine.
Manach

Post by Manach »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by jspecmazdaman:
Well designed manifold???????
Im sure you all have noticed how restricting the factory manifold is. Surely you noticed the big resonator choking the hell outta the engine.
<hr></blockquote><p>Yes, the Dohc head use in the Mx-3 is already better for Turbo than N/A application.<p>You might see that some compression being lower on the B6 in the MX-3. The head is the same as the B6T, which was a turbo engine. Also, that Miata produce around 120 with a block similar to the Mx-3 in N/A form, and the Mx-3 is only producing 100. Higher compression is what might have trick you.<p>Mazda didn't make any TURBO out of the box for Miata, Joes like you and me make custom kit. Remember that.
Manach
Ex Mx'er with a Mx-3 1993..

Still in the Mazda Familly with :
-Mazda Rx-7 1987 GXL (Not running, one housing does not compress)
-Mazda Protege MazdaSpeed 2003.5 Titanium!

Still got 3 Engines!
- B6-ZE : Turbo Festiva project (Waiting donor car)
- BP-DE : Trader for a B6-ZE 1994 for parts upgrade in the Festiva project
- K8 : For sell. Pm me for info!

Once you go turbo, you can never go back!
azmtbkr81

Post by azmtbkr81 »

You can remove the resonator without getting a new header, I had mine removed when I had a cat-back put on. If you really want a header call up corksport they may still have some hurricane headers for the dohc lying around. If you are planning on turboing your car, hold off and get a turbo manifold from a b6t.
'94 Blaze Red RS<P>I may not have a lot of horsepower but I know how to use it!
David Witherow

Post by David Witherow »

take a look at this header its for the miata see how it slants and sticks out to the side.........thats because of the way the miata motor is mounted in the car......
now look at this header it is for the mx-3(well its acutally for the protege but its the same thing) see how it goes straight down and bends under that is because our motor is mounted sideways in the engine bay.......
and calling ppl stupid isnt a very good way to go around here........
atila

Post by atila »

The 4cyl 1.6l and the 4 cyl 1.8l do not have the same length so the exhaust hisn't a go fit.
Marlon

Post by Marlon »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by atila:
The 4cyl 1.6l and the 4 cyl 1.8l do not have the same length so the exhaust hisn't a go fit.<hr></blockquote>
heres just showing the design
1993 MX-3 GS V6 - Stock
2004 MazdaSpeed MX-5
2004 RX-8 - Project
jspecmazdaman

Post by jspecmazdaman »

hey thanks for all the help. Sorry for being rude, just a little touchy. woman trouble. could you tell what model protege that header is?
RanMan

Post by RanMan »

You know, with a little knowledge and effort, you can make your own header. Just use the stock manifold as a template and then measure, cut, bend, weld, and uh.....create a bung for the O2 sensor. Ok....maybe it is a little more involved, but it can be done.
jspecmazdaman

Post by jspecmazdaman »

Hey i appreciate all the help and sorry again to everyone for being a smart as$. Finally figured out my header problem. I bought a header for the Protoge 1.6 DOHC it should fit perfectly.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”