My new possible turbo set up! L@@K pics!!!

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Timmyd865

My new possible turbo set up! L@@K pics!!!

Post by Timmyd865 »

Hey guys.. go here... www.geocities.com/timsmx3/turbo.html and tell me if that looks like a pretty complete list and thing needed for turbo charging my b6ze. Thanx guys! I only wanna run about 7-8 psi.. so nothing needed too much for fuel jsut to let you know. Thanx.
16" Sport Edition Fox 2's, Yokohama H4's, Eclipse CD player, Eclipse components, MTX amp, Lightning Audio woofers in a custom fiber glass enclosure, custom intake, factory spoiler installed, reverse indiglo gauges, custom switch panel<p> :) www.geocities.com/timsmx3
jamario

Re: My new possible turbo set up! L@@K pics!!!

Post by jamario »

I like you turbo lay out sheet. Keep up da good work and smoke dem civics
IF LIFE DOESN'T OFFER A GAME WORTH PLAYING, THEN INVENT ONE.
Timmyd865

Post by Timmyd865 »

OHHH YEAH.. just if ur wondering why it's on lined paper and sloppy.. well i drew that in like 20 minutes in science w/out looking at anything.. so sum of the crap is probably wrong.. but hey, not bad for memory huh?!?!
16" Sport Edition Fox 2's, Yokohama H4's, Eclipse CD player, Eclipse components, MTX amp, Lightning Audio woofers in a custom fiber glass enclosure, custom intake, factory spoiler installed, reverse indiglo gauges, custom switch panel<p> :) www.geocities.com/timsmx3
mazda20

Post by mazda20 »

It looks alot like my engine. It is one of the easiest ways to upgrade to turbo.
94 Mazda MX-3 BPT Custom Intake/Exhaust T3/T4, 51mm BOV, Tial WG, 2.5" Piping, 880cc Inj, Godspeed Intercooler, TEC II
My MX-3 Website
Timmyd865

Post by Timmyd865 »

no one else has anything to say about it?
Aaron MacDougall

Post by Aaron MacDougall »

That looks awesome looks like you got pretty much everything covered!! I just got b6t manifold, turbo, BOV, intercooler, and most of the plumbing from the 323gt (think i might sell the plumbing and the bov since i am going with 2.25 or so mandrel and i have a 1g dsm bov as well) last week and i can't wait to start! Turbo is pretty dirty but it spins freely with very little shaft play so it should be awesome after a little cleaning. Only plan on running the stock 8.0psi but am still undecided on what make of rrfpr to use (think i may go with vortech) and wether or not the pro LX injectors will suffice.<p>[ February 11, 2003: Message edited by: Aaron MacDougall ]</p>
TedLeeper

Post by TedLeeper »

Good pic, you'll defanatly want to upgrade you head though and your ecu (dunno if i saw it on the list) good luck, let us know how it goes.
Hmm. what to do now..
....maybe a VTEC for lunch.
Aaron MacDougall

No need to have anything done with head really...it is a budget setup and it isn't going to be a full blown race engine either. An apexi s-afc is recommended though for sure.
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

You must know someone or know how to fabricate parts yourself, cause some of your prices are off by quite a bit, well, depending on circumstance and size anyways.
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

"...I told those fudgepackers I liked Michael Bolton's music..."
Aaron MacDougall

The prices don't look too bad to me at all. I picked up my intercooler, manifold, turbo off of an 88gtx with low KM for $100cnd of course the gentleman that sold me these has no idea of their worth. Intercooler is in awesome shape with the exception of a few bent fins. Manifold is in perfect shape...no cracks what so ever. Turbo is a little dirty but in great shape none the less...spins freely with very little shaft play. Got my turboII fuel pump for $50cnd off of a friend who was upgrading the pump in his rx7...to name just a few things. If you look around hard enough you would be amazed the deals you could get on stuff :o ))) (plus my friends dad owns a muffler shop and will be doing all my ic piping and exhaust for dirt cheap)
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

The intercooler piping and downpipe and exhaust was my main thinking, and as I said, connections really is where to get deals, and looking long enough. ;)
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

"...I told those fudgepackers I liked Michael Bolton's music..."
Timmyd865

Post by Timmyd865 »

Hey guys... thanx for all feed back. Umm bout the prices... At dsmtrader.com they ahve good deals on used intercoolers and cheap turbos. So that's why those might seem cheap. As for the piping, my midas here in town does that crap pretty cheap. I met a guy there, and he guess that each bend in a pipe would be about 10-15 dollars. I'll just get pipes off onlinemetals.com or sumthin. I don't remember the page. But yeah, and most of the stuff i can get used. As for a APEXI afc, I havn't heard of a SINGLE person gettin it work nicely w/a turbo mx-3. I hear they end up just being junk and not being able to do much of any good. I've been talking to people that have turbo charged their b6ze like me and most of them say just go w/a rrfpr and the Rx-7 2nd gen. fuel pump. So most of my parts I hope to find cheap used. As long as I've been looking (looking, not buying, i have no money, this'll be a summer project after a good month of detalssing :p ) I've found cheap parts. So, this is just a pile up of the parts list and a format of how it all goes together. Sorry the drawing's so rough. I'm gonna blue print out a full lay out soon if I can find all the messurements I need. cya guys!

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”