0-60?

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Timmyd865

0-60?

Post by Timmyd865 »

Hey guys, i think i gotta problem. My 95 with the DOHC b6-ze is running high 11's for a 0-60. It's a stick and I'm a fair driver. That's with a good launch with controlled wheelspin. 1st gear is pretty good, and then second gear, wow. It takes forever to get all the way through that stupid gear. 3rd isn't bad, but second is just ouch. I have just a mandrel bent intake with open cone filter and bosch plantinum spark plugs. Any suggestions on why it might be so slow?!?!?! BTW: it was about 20 degrees, dry road conditions, and no wind. I did the test some three times. And my car only gets 21 mpg at the MOST. it really bugs me :(
16" Sport Edition Fox 2's, Yokohama H4's, Eclipse CD player, Eclipse components, MTX amp, Lightning Audio woofers in a custom fiber glass enclosure, custom intake, factory spoiler installed, reverse indiglo gauges, custom switch panel<p> :) www.geocities.com/timsmx3

Re: 0-60?

Post by Guest »

I'm not really an engine buff, but...if its taking a while to get all the way through the gear, your clutch MIGHT be slipping. But like I said, I'm not an engine buff, so I could be totally wrong.
Timmyd865

Post by Timmyd865 »

Yeah, that'd be a posibility but i just got a new stock clutch 5,000 miles ago, my trannny went out at like 65,000 miles!!! So i replaced it and the clutch, they're both pretty tight feeling. But thanx for the reply!
16" Sport Edition Fox 2's, Yokohama H4's, Eclipse CD player, Eclipse components, MTX amp, Lightning Audio woofers in a custom fiber glass enclosure, custom intake, factory spoiler installed, reverse indiglo gauges, custom switch panel<p> :) www.geocities.com/timsmx3
93' blackmx3

Post by 93' blackmx3 »

I'm getting about 5 seconds 0-60mph. I don't know why yours is so slow.
Timmyd865

Post by Timmyd865 »

Either A. ur a moron or B. you've got some serious stuff done to your car. Which one is it? And wow u really dug up an old post!
Ryencool

Post by Ryencool »

hey your in rochester, id like to see your 5 second 0-60 mx3, how much hp you running 300?
92 red rs
performance exhaust
zx2 struts and Eibach springs
turboed + stand alone when the cash is there
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

hahaha yeah old posts gotta love em.. i would have just asked how long its been since he changed the plugs.. bad gas milage is the key your lookin at there...
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
Timmyd865

Post by Timmyd865 »

I've replaced the plugs.. believe it or not... the cars still like that! After like a while it's still slow :( Havn't done much to it though :( I should probably check the timing... havn't done that for a while! Peace
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

next up b12 chemtool in the gas tank to clean those injectors. =]
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Timmyd865:
Either A. ur a moron or B.<hr></blockquote><p>
I'd have to vote for A
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
Krist B.

Post by Krist B. »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>I'm getting about 5 seconds 0-60mph <hr></blockquote>
lol, u could beat a stock wrx with that time ;)
MX-3 Ricer

Post by MX-3 Ricer »

LOL 0-60 in 5sec sounds prety crazy. Maby he would be willing to try a JATO system from a C130 to get 0-300 in 5sec
Freq2002

Post by Freq2002 »

Loose the Platinums, they're for low power high-mile cars owned by people who hate to pay for tune-ups, NOT hi-perf cars. They also can be a source of poor milage. Your timing should be fine if you haven't piddled w. it.
Sounds odd that you can pull hard in 1st & 3rd, but have trouble with 2nd. Very odd,...
The contents of this post are the opinions of myself and are NEVER meant to be percieved as the "be all, end all". So cram it!! :p
Timmyd865

Post by Timmyd865 »

Ok bout the plugs... and about the timing.. yeah i've piddled :( Butttt.... 1st isn't way hard.. but 2nd just SUX.. seroiusly.. it's got NO pull... it's so boring.. i usually end up moving to third a TOUCH early, like 6k... This just feels better. I dunno!

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”