rear spring broken :(

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
ravve

rear spring broken :(

Post by ravve »

After fixing my tranny i discover another problem, one of my rear springs is broke and is needed to be replaced. I´m thinking about bying a used one from the junk yard, but there isn´t any MX3 cars there, perhaps I could use springs from other Mazda cars? like the Mazda 626 or 323? any ideas?
anjin1982

Re: rear spring broken :(

Post by anjin1982 »

you aint notice a broken spring b4? when i broke mine(it was the front pass.)there was a draggin sound and the car was dropped! cost me 817 to replace the 2 front spring and shruts,bearing plate and labor the mach said he dont recommend driving on a broekn spring
http://members.cardomain.com/anjin1982
Maintaining my MX-3 in it's natural beauty state...Although i love the modded one's!!!
94mx3rsr

Post by 94mx3rsr »

hehehe.....mx3 front or rear springs are guaranteed for life!!!...hehehe so go to the dealer and they will install brand new ones for free!!! :)
It happened to me!<p>this will save you a few bucks!
Jean-Michel Basque
STOCK BPT @ 8.5PSI
3 RUNS ON THE 1/4 = 14.85 @ 96
94mx3rsr

Post by 94mx3rsr »

It doesn't matter what mazda dealer....any mazda dealer will do.Mazda pays for the labor and parts!
Jean-Michel Basque
STOCK BPT @ 8.5PSI
3 RUNS ON THE 1/4 = 14.85 @ 96

Post by Guest »

What the fukk, are you being serious?!?! So if any of my springs break, I can take it to the Mazda dealership up the road and they'll fix them for free?!?!?
thebonestockkid

Post by thebonestockkid »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by MX3_Racer120:
What the fukk, are you being serious?!?! So if any of my springs break, I can take it to the Mazda dealership up the road and they'll fix them for free?!?!?<hr></blockquote><p>heheh, yeah i think he's right. I heard more than a few times that Mazda had spring recalls for our cars(not sure what years tho), free things are nice arent they? :D lol later
Image'97 Grenada black pearl Acura EL, JDM B18C 98spec ITR Swap. Power in Control full coilovers going in next spring. Not to mention a most unusual whining noise... coming soon.

'92 Intense blue pearl Jeep YJ, OME lift, mudders, fun.

R.I.P.
'93 Clear white GS-DE ~14.648@92.98mph, 2.234 60ft. PARTING OUT PM ME.
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

that only applies to areas that have weather conditions that would cause salt to eat at the spring. It does NOT apply everywhere. But call ur local dealer and ask.
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
anjin1982

Post by anjin1982 »

the springs aint guar. 4 life they are only if they aint get the recall done all that is,is a guard that they place on the strut if it aint get done then they replace it. i went today and that wat they told me
http://members.cardomain.com/anjin1982
Maintaining my MX-3 in it's natural beauty state...Although i love the modded one's!!!

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”