I hate winter... I hit a curb

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Becker

Re: I hate winter... I hit a curb

Post by Becker »

I'm sure u've checked but u didnt metion if u looked at ur rim....is your rim bent? if not there's a good chance it's the bearing....if its the bearing get it fixed quickly to avoid other probs that will come from a bad bearing.
94 V6 GS Teal
I'm Not C0CKY....Just Perfect
Becker

Post by Becker »

I got a bearing from crappy tire for about 79$ and they installed it for free :D just because it was a screw up on there part, he put the bearing in and didnt even ask me if i wanted it done so i got a 79$ bearing and 70$ worth of labour for free :D :D that's about 150$ in my pocket.
94 V6 GS Teal
Becker

Post by Becker »

No there's not much too it, just take off ur wheel, and keep going till u find it, after the wheel there's a cap over the castle nut that should tap off with a rubber malet, then take out the cotter pin in the castle nut, and so forth, u cant really screw it up. One thing PACK THE BEARING WITH AS MUCH GREASE AS POSSIBLE, put lots of grease in the palm of ur hand and just keep ramming the bearing into the palm of ur hand....good luck :) shouldnt take too long, maybe an hour your first time.
94 V6 GS Teal

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”