will the 95 Mx-3 trans. work?

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
NateDog

will the 95 Mx-3 trans. work?

Post by NateDog »

hey im going tpo get the 1.8L GT-R engine the turbo with about 210hp from CS. will the Trans. bolt right on to the new engine or am i going to have to get a new one?
OsoSlo z28

Re: will the 95 Mx-3 trans. work?

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

are you actually getting a gt-r engine(confrimed with CS) or are you just planning on getting one? reason is, they are very rare. derrick said they haven't had one come through for a while, other than the one they put in the drag car, but he got a hold of that one because he knew the guy selling it. if you haven't actually ordered one, you'll probably end up getting a gtx motor. but the gtx is still a very potent motor. just look into some form of fuel management system. to answer your ?, the tranny will fit. you'll need to get the passenger side cv axle from the 92-93 rs model because the 94+ used a jackshaft and the 92-93 didn't. the mx3 jackshaft doesn't fit the back of the bpt block. but it's suggested to get the protege lx tranny due to the fact nobody is sure how much power the mx tranny will hold. you could always be a pioneer and try it out ;)
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
jaydog5678

Post by jaydog5678 »

Be prepared to spend some money on the swap. It aint cheap. Hopefully you'll have better luck with C.S then I did.
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jaydog5678:<BR><STRONG>Be prepared to spend some money on the swap. It aint cheap. Hopefully you'll have better luck with C.S then I did.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>justin, what probs did you have with CS?
"MR." Ashley Fowler
cardomain pics
jaydog5678

Post by jaydog5678 »

Cylinder head was off before I got it. Burned valves. Worn valve guides. Broken IAC valve. Turbo leaks oil from the turbine seal. Broken distributor. Broken coolant neck from water pump. Several cracked hoses from the turbo water lines. Broken water line to throttle body. Broken thermostat housing. Missing turbo compressor outlet pipe (not a big deal). No alternator. Plugs and wires nearly had to be drilled to get'em out.<P>Overall it looked like crap.<p>[ November 04, 2002: Message edited by: jaydog5678 ]
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

dear Lord man...didn't know it was like that. i must say mine was in decent shape.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
cardomain pics
natural born honda killer

Post by natural born honda killer »

damn......i didnt know they were able to sell them all torn up like that. mine didnt come like that at all. i guess i got lucky. if i was you id send that back and tell them to get me something a little more reputable. something to prove and say what they are about.
jeremy cline
95 MX-3 RS
The only BPT GTR MX-3 in Texas!!!

man iraq sucks!!!
NateDog

Post by NateDog »

i am looking at getting the GTR engine. if i cant get one thats fine. i am planning on getting one though, or trying to at least. thanx for the input. there is a new place here in mich. Lansing to be exact that clames to do any swap u want for $36/hr. for labor and $45/hr. Electric. soi may see what they can do. they claim to beat any price. and do a lot of custom work.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”