I would rather sweat!

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Tman

I would rather sweat!

Post by Tman »

My AC has not been working at all...so i take it to a local shop and get it checked. They come back and tell me that I have leaks in my comdenser, my ??????, my ?????, and my ?????. Anyways...I ask them how much to fix it. $1400 USD!!!! OMG...that is rediculous. So I decided to not get my AC fixed and drive around with my head out the window to survive. It is hell...but atleast i am 1400 close to a new engine. :cool: :mad:
R.I.P. September 25th @ 2:55 p.m. - 93 Mx-3 RS :-(
back alley

Re: I would rather sweat!

Post by back alley »

i have a/c & it works real good. but, i am amazed at how much power it robs from my little 6 cyl. engine. in first, i think i could get out a push it faster - it has no pick up what so ever. if it wasn't hittn' 33/34/35c i'd shut the damn thing off...<p>[ July 18, 2002: Message edited by: back alley ]
SmokyMcGee

Post by SmokyMcGee »

Does anyone elses A/C smell like piss when you turn it on when its hot or just when its starting up?? Its disgusting..
eD
92 KL-ZE V6 FX-Designs kit
Sparkle Blue
http://smokymcgee.5u.com/index.html
5spd_GS

Post by 5spd_GS »

hehe A/C was invented 100 years ago yesterday.. and mine is a piece of s---. you'd think after 100 years someone would fix the power rob/narsty smell/fuel gobbling effects of the stupid thing!!<P>ahh stupid 35c degree heat...<P> :(
Calen Sansom
1994 MX-3 GS Sparkle Green
Andrew_Pakula

Post by Andrew_Pakula »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by back alley:<BR><STRONG>i have a/c & it works real good. but, i am amazed at how much power it robs from my little 6 cyl. engine. in first, i think i could get out a push it faster - it has no pick up what so ever. if it wasn't hittn' 33/34/35c i'd shut the damn thing off...<BR></STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Mine A/C does the same thing like that. When I turn the A/C there is a noticable power drop and accelerates slower.<P>If I am cruising on the hiway and I turn it on then it's usually ok but definately in the city when you are always stopping and going when the A/C is on its really sucking up too much power to use I think.
Shades

Post by Shades »

I have an RS... no A/C. But here's an idea... this is what I do... roll down the windows and drive faster!!<P>Also, A/C takes away from engine power... and also uses more gas when turned on...<P>Although, some days I wish I had A/C...<P> [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
JoN - Ex-Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Apprentice
1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica

RACING BP fully built with Twin Scroll GT3071R TURBO @ +30psi - Specs and Pictures

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

tman, did he say condenser or compressor? if it's the condensor, you can find a cheap one at a junk yard. it's the "mini-radiator" in the front of the car.
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
Tman

Post by Tman »

HAHA...thats the problem...he said the condesor, compressor,and started naming all these other parts... There was a list of like 8 parts. I was like OOOOOK...forget it.<P>Yea and Shades, im gonna use that as an excuse when i get pulled over. going 95 in a 45 because I have no A/C...dont think it will work.
bluefirert

Post by bluefirert »

you think the power loss on a 6 cylinder is bad? try using your a/c on a 4 cylinder car! it's like driving a cadillac that's got a motorcylce engine in it! i normally don't drive with my a/c on.. takes too much power away. if it's really hot i'll sometimes put it on when i'm on the highway... it's damn cold tho!
Tman

Post by Tman »

In a 4 banger, with a/c on...everytime you start off it seems like it wants to stall out. Its so sad. You have to rev it up just to go. Oh well...I cant say much because i dont have any. :(
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

i have no A/C either, its rare that i wish i has one, some days it would be nice, but the windows rolled down feels good, just dont put papers in teh back seat with the windows rolled all the way down and go faster than 60km/h, cause the way the air flows, it picks them up and goes out the window :D<P>it would be nice if the original owner had a sunroof since he didnt get A/C, cause im not ruining my car with an aftermarket one.<P>I;ve driven my parents 1990 626 with broken a/c the past 2 summers, and my no-a/c 92 mx-3 this summer, and i've gotten used to it that i dont mind, by experience, 10 year old cars usually either have broken a/c or its not gonna last much longer, my parents 1991 gmc safari's A/c went too this year<p>[ July 20, 2002: Message edited by: Nd4SpdSe ]
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
The_Great_Tonge

Post by The_Great_Tonge »

just makin sure it wasn't me, i swer i sweat my a-- off here in south fl, but id be damned if i let my a/c slow me down!

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”