1.6L Performance Upgrade

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Majin Vegeta

1.6L Performance Upgrade

Post by Majin Vegeta »

although many of the questions i needed/wanted answered in regards to upgrading my 94 MX3 were answered in past posts (using the search), i still haven't found "final answers" if you will, in regards to what is needed for a turbo upgrade in my DOHC 1.6.<P>i will not swap out my engine, and i have time and money to make this little guy a 4 cylinder "beast". i have already performed the basic modifications that everyone first learns of:<BR>2.5" cat-back exhaust<BR>4" muffler exhaust opening<BR>PRM cold air intake<BR>unorthodox racing underdrive pulley<BR>H&R springs<BR>mx3 (V6 model) struts<BR>rims & tires<P>my car currently runs like a dream, and i will not want to modify it if i'm going to ruin it. i bought it new in 95 as a showroom holdover and have babied it since. i wanna put more "umph" into it.<P>so to all you faithful MX3 owners, i ask you:<P>what is the most comprehensive list of requirements and/or parts you can put together for me as far as turbo kit for my 1.6L 1994 DOHC?<P>Your time and effort is appreciated in advance.
94 MX-3 1.6L
04 STi
natural born honda killer

Re: 1.6L Performance Upgrade

Post by natural born honda killer »

you can go to <A HREF="http://www.corksport.com" TARGET=_blank>www.corksport.com</A> and find all the parts you would need to basically turn it into a b6t. also i believe kick a-- mazda has done a turbo kit for himself. look on his site and you should be able to piece one together yourself.
jeremy cline
95 MX-3 RS
The only BPT GTR MX-3 in Texas!!!

man iraq sucks!!!
Majin Vegeta

Post by Majin Vegeta »

<B>kick a-- mazda has done a turbo kit for himself. look on his site and you should be able to piece one together yourself</B><P>what's the URL?<P>BTW Jeremy, thanks for the reply. once i get the information for the install, i will post whatever i find out.<P>Also, any other suggestions/info will be appreciated - i know there are other "gear heads" hiding out there.
94 MX-3 1.6L
04 STi
Majin Vegeta

Post by Majin Vegeta »

actually, i forgot to ask, is adding a supercharger to the 1.6L DOHC possible as well, or are there no known applications?
94 MX-3 1.6L
04 STi
natural born honda killer

Post by natural born honda killer »

well im not sure what his url is but look at posts in the f/i forum and you should be able to find it there. and as for the the supercharger i would look in the f/i area also. its been discussed before but i dont think itll work last i read but look in there and you should get more info than i can give.
jeremy cline
95 MX-3 RS
The only BPT GTR MX-3 in Texas!!!

man iraq sucks!!!
ikedogg

Post by ikedogg »

there was a supercharger kit produced for the 1.6L, however it was designed to fit in the miata, and the B6 was not horizontally mounted in the miata as it is in the mx-3. however, who knows what a little custom fabrication and modifications could do...
and konstantine is walking down the stairs...
ikedogg

Post by ikedogg »

here's a little more information on the supercharger for the 1.6 miata: <A HREF="http://www.mx-3.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb. ... 9&t=000271" TARGET=_blank>http://www.mx-3.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb. ... =000271</A>
and konstantine is walking down the stairs...
Freq2002

Post by Freq2002 »

I did some research on bumpin up the power of a DOHC B6, posted what I found under the heading "Hot rodding a B6, the old way,..."<BR>Most of what I was lookin for was about NA application, but still good for turbo apps too.
The contents of this post are the opinions of myself and are NEVER meant to be percieved as the "be all, end all". So cram it!! :p
rizzy

Post by rizzy »

hi am new here in the board, just traying to get to know people.<P>i have an mx-3 SOHC 92 4cyl<P>and i want to put on a type X gauge for the water temperture, how do i install it?<P>help please.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”