clacks when turning

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
nksmx-3

clacks when turning

Post by nksmx-3 »

ever since i put my 17's on my car it makes a clacking noise when ever I make a sharp turn. i talked to a bunch of people & no one knows what it could be. <BR>any help would be apreciated thx all.
late night conversations turn into a fight, and all the years youve been frustrated finaly subside, and you walk away, to face the day, alone.
EBUCKS

Re: clacks when turning

Post by EBUCKS »

Your tires could be rubbing against something. Check the inside tread and wall of your tire. You may have the incorrect offset rim. <BR>Just a thought.<P>one
nksmx-3

Post by nksmx-3 »

i just put my stock rims on again after i posted and it still makes the niose <BR>still baffeled
late night conversations turn into a fight, and all the years youve been frustrated finaly subside, and you walk away, to face the day, alone.
reSa

Post by reSa »

CV BOOTS/JOINTS...makes the noise when your turning slow right? looouud clickity click tap tap noise?? if you put off fixin it your whole suspension is gonna go...slowly but...surely.
Tman

Post by Tman »

Yea its your CV joints. You can go ahead and put your rims back on...i dont think that was the cause. You can actually ride on bad CV joints for awhile, but get them fixed whenever you have the money. They aren't exactly cheap though.<p>[ September 12, 2002: Message edited by: Tman ]
R.I.P. September 25th @ 2:55 p.m. - 93 Mx-3 RS :-(
anjin1982

Post by anjin1982 »

i had the same problem on my old accord but those cars have ball-joints well to make a long story short i was making a left turn when my right tire decided to go the other way when you looked in front of my car both tires were facing opposite directions!
http://members.cardomain.com/anjin1982
Maintaining my MX-3 in it's natural beauty state...Although i love the modded one's!!!
juicy j

Post by juicy j »

yeah i have a 95 1.6L. I just got the same thing fixed on my car. It was a cv boot. It can happen from lowering your car like I did, or from hitting some really bad bumps. I went for a long time with it making that noise. You could probably wait a while til you fix it, but of course it's gonna do what it wants to do. It is possible that you could mess up your whole axle if you don't fix it. You could be going down the road and your axle could possibly break. I would go ahead and fix it asap. theoyork7@cswebmail.com
white94mx3

Post by white94mx3 »

Well, Since the car is front wheel drive you have to replace the whole axel anyways. if it was Rearwheel then you could just get a boot kit and replace the boot, but with FWD you can't, I had to replace the Driver side Axel it cost $70 US for the Axel and there was a $30 Core charge for the old axel.
1994 Mazda MX-3 RS (Project RS-T)
MazdaGirl

Post by MazdaGirl »

I had the exact same problem, starting happening right after I lowered it. I suggest as well that you get your CV joints replaced asap, I drove with the "clicking" noice for about 2 months, but not a good idea, it can be very dangerous. Good luck!
bluemacaw

Post by bluemacaw »

you,ve got me worried know,i have a mazda 1.8 v6 and it has been making the cliking noise for about 3 months,it only happens when<BR>you make a sharp turn.It all started after i <BR>had my cv boots replaced,i took it back to the garage and he said there was nothing to worrie about. (he said it was just ware and tare)How do we solve the problem? [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
nksmx-3

Post by nksmx-3 »

thanks all im going to get it fixed tomorrow <BR>I really apreciate all the help from every one on this site <BR>thanks again all. :)
tinkertank

Post by tinkertank »

I've been driving on clunky CVs for months. A friend has been driving on his for over a year. It would be safer to get them replaced, but it's about $400 in parts/work. I'm gonna wait intil I've got money to burn.
MX-3 - 4 cyl. ('92)

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”