Engine improvements for DOHC

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
maniacle_mx3

Engine improvements for DOHC

Post by maniacle_mx3 »

I need some help with finding performance improvements for my 4 banger DOHC. I want to get more hp out of it without doing an engine swap. I am getting a new cat-back exhaust, intake, high flow cat. converter, and an ynderdrive pulley. I need suggestions on what to do to it to get some more hp out of it. Any help would be appreciated.
1995 Project MX-3 RS<BR>Many mods to come......<BR><A HREF="http://geocities.com/maniacle_mx3" TARGET=_blank>My Geocities Site</A>Updated July 9, 2002. <BR>My site has been newly redesigned<BR>Sounddomain:<A HREF="http://www.sounddomain.com/id/maniacle_mx3" TARGET=_blank>PeeWee MX-3</A><BR>Both sites updated
OsoSlo z28

Re: Engine improvements for DOHC

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

custom turbo, nitrous, extensive head and bottom end work.
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
majicmike

Post by majicmike »

if you arleady have exaust, check out individual throttle body induction. blowers are cool but you can never drive in the rain. turbos have lag. i like naturally asperated power for it's practical uses as well as racing. check out DSK or maruha motors.
Freq2002

Post by Freq2002 »

I have a '95 w. a 1.6L DOHC as well. I covered alot of the resaerch on what you can do to bump it up and what you need to do it. It happens to be nearly identical engine to the same year Miata, so finding parts isn't too bad.<P> This is the post: <A HREF="http://www.mx-3.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb. ... 3&t=001265" TARGET=_blank>Hot rodding a B6, the old way</A><P>It's very possible to double your horses without using a turbo &/or nitrous. All depends on what facilities you have access to & how much you have to spend.
The contents of this post are the opinions of myself and are NEVER meant to be percieved as the "be all, end all". So cram it!! :p
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by majicmike:<BR><STRONG>if you arleady have exaust, check out individual throttle body induction. blowers are cool but you can never drive in the rain. turbos have lag. i like naturally asperated power for it's practical uses as well as racing. check out DSK or maruha motors.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>Hmm, superchargers cant run in the rain? News to me.<BR> [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”