Rebuilt RS

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
patapouf

Rebuilt RS

Post by patapouf »

How much would it cost and would the engine be as good as new?
ProtegeSTS

Re: Rebuilt RS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

depends on whats wrong with the current engine.<P>and why not make it BETTER than new??
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
patapouf

Post by patapouf »

Actually, there is nothing wrong with the engine, yet! <BR>And what do you mean by better? bore-it, stroke-it, cams,etc.?
tk1138

Post by tk1138 »

He almost certanly means a swap. You 'can' rebuild this engine as with almost any, but it's not recomended. IF you bore, bore less than one additional mm. The storke is pretty much at max. The head flows decently. A B6T, or BPT is a big step up preformance wise, but the smallest step worth taking if you want real preformance, in most peoples opinion.<P>There are things you can do to a regular B6 engine, and If you have a SOHC, then just going to a DOHC would probably be worth while. DOHC swap is probably faster, cheaper & easier than a rebuild.
tk1138<P>There's not really anything I want to say over and over.
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

no, i didnt mean a swap. I meant high compression pistons, a reworked head with cams, lighter balanced rods and rotating assembly....etc.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
majicmike

Post by majicmike »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ProtegeSTS:<BR><STRONG>no, i didnt mean a swap. I meant high compression pistons, a reworked head with cams, lighter balanced rods and rotating assembly....etc.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>thats it a proper built engine can really whop some a--
patapouf

Post by patapouf »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ProtegeSTS:<BR><STRONG>no, i didnt mean a swap. I meant high compression pistons, a reworked head with cams, lighter balanced rods and rotating assembly....etc.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>How much do those cost? And where can I get'em?

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”