weird rattle

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
mclaw-mclaren

weird rattle

Post by mclaw-mclaren »

I have this rattle when i first start my car for maybe 30 seconds and then after when i rev it. It sounds like it is coming from the front tire area. any ideas??<P>Thanks,
~~McLaw~~
MX-3 -- BPT
Fred_B

Re: weird rattle

Post by Fred_B »

Is it like a ticking sound? Cause mine does that. I didnt think anything of it till recently cause it seems to be getting a bit louder. After I change my oil or when I am in park with the engine running I notice it. It seems to subside when I rev my engine. After a while it comes back. :(
mclaw-mclaren

Post by mclaw-mclaren »

Definatly a ticking noice. i am getting my exhaust installed this friday i am getting it checked at the same time. I will let you know what i find out.
~~McLaw~~
MX-3 -- BPT
mclaw-mclaren

Post by mclaw-mclaren »

Ya i got my new exhaust on this friday! Sounds great :)<P>It was the Catalytic Converter that was making the rattling, so i just removed it. Hope that helps!
~~McLaw~~
MX-3 -- BPT
saiyajin

Post by saiyajin »

For me there is a ratteling and it is my waterpump. I am having it replaced, but it kind of came from the bottom front. Also my gauges showed it as very hot
majicmike

Post by majicmike »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mclaw-precidian:<BR><STRONG>I have this rattle when i first start my car for maybe 30 seconds and then after when i rev it. It sounds like it is coming from the front tire area. any ideas??<P>Thanks,</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>almost all mazda 4cyl engines have that noise. your car may need a valve adjustment or the oil is just not reaching the top of the head until the oil heats up and thins out. you may be able to quiet it down by using an oil additive like risoline compression builder,zx-7, or lucas. premium oil could also help.
MattsGirl9500

Post by MattsGirl9500 »

My boyfriends car does that too, only when the oil is low, but when we fill it back up the ticking stops..
~Alisha

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”