Intake

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
mzdspd

Intake

Post by mzdspd »

I have a 1993 SOHC 16V and was wondering if an intake made for a honda civic along with a mafs adapter would work on my car. (I hate to use a part made for a Honda but if it works.) I was thinking the pipe could go from the intake manifold into the mass airflow sensor, then the mafs adapter could gon the other side and the filter could connect to that. Please tell me if this will work. Thanks.
Maddbuck

Re: Intake

Post by Maddbuck »

why don't you buy a PRM Intake from Corksport for your car then you don't have to worry about putting a honda part in your car.<P>Your idea sounds good but maybe someone who has done it will be able to answer your question better.
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mzdspd:<BR><STRONG>(I hate to use a part made for a Honda but if it works.)</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>man thats very stereotypical. not cool. i mean who cares what its made for or by who, as long as it works, then it works.
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
Marlon

Post by Marlon »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mzdspd:<BR><STRONG>I have a 1993 SOHC 16V and was wondering if an intake made for a honda civic along with a mafs adapter would work on my car. (I hate to use a part made for a Honda but if it works.) I was thinking the pipe could go from the intake manifold into the mass airflow sensor, then the mafs adapter could gon the other side and the filter could connect to that. Please tell me if this will work. Thanks.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>just order 1 from your local performance shop mine cost 20 cnd and i think it was for a celica <BR>works fine
1993 MX-3 GS V6 - Stock
2004 MazdaSpeed MX-5
2004 RX-8 - Project
bluefirert

Post by bluefirert »

don't buy the part for the honda, it does not work. in order to get the angle right, i would've had to cut off more than half of it..thus bringing the maf closer to the engine and in a very tight spot. i still have a chrome intake for a 92-95 civic......
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

not to bust your ballz but<BR>i remeber when civics were the hardest thing to trick out<BR>now you can go to pep boy, autozone etc.. and get your stuff off the shelf.....<BR>just seems like not fun anymore if you own a civic....<BR>just like those mustang boys<BR>jason
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”