front mounted intake from civic

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
mx3chom

front mounted intake from civic

Post by mx3chom »

hey eveyone.<P>i saw on ebay a front mounted intake for a civic. i was wondering if this would fit on my 95 rs. i would use just the filter, and get my own custom piping. right now i have a ractive filter with heat shield, and tubing running down by bumper. would the front mounted one make better performance? here is a link to ebay. <A HREF="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 1836029086" TARGET=_blank>civic font mounted intake</A><BR>thanks<BR>dominic
RIP 95 rs
OsoSlo z28

Re: front mounted intake from civic

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

unless you like the front mount intake, i'd just get a CAI.
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
I_love_my_MX-3

Post by I_love_my_MX-3 »

w/ custom piping it will work.
1992 MX-3 handed down to my sis :)
1992 MR-2 Turbo sold and missed :(
1995 Integra GS-R :)

mx3chom

Post by mx3chom »

will it be more powerful than what i have now?
RIP 95 rs
Ryencool

Post by Ryencool »

love how people watch fast adn the furious, and then think a CAI actually really helps our cars. In case your wondering it doesnt really do anyhting but make a noise, if thats cool wtih you, buy it..
92 red rs
performance exhaust
zx2 struts and Eibach springs
turboed + stand alone when the cash is there
Da_Wiggy

Post by Da_Wiggy »

what makes say that??? Its a well proven fact(dyno #'s) that a c.a.i. will ADD power to almost every car. There is how ever a lot of hype and a lot of people are disapointed because they expected the diference to be night and day.
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

i love it when people come here and slam others yet they themselves don't know what they are talking about. in case you were wondering, a cai does work. a cai pulls in cooler air from outside the engine bay, unlike stock and "warm" air intakes which pull air from inside the engine bay. cooler air has a higer density than warm air(more oxygen molecules per unit of volume than warm air of the same volume). when the air meter reads that more air is coming in, it adds more fuel. more fuel + more air= more hp. granted, not all cai kits work the same. it also depends on where you are, and the outside airtemp. but on average, a cai performs better than a warm air intake.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
cardomain pics
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cre8v mx3:<BR><STRONG>i love it when people come here and slam others yet they themselves don't know what they are talking about. in case you were wondering, a cai does work. a cai pulls in cooler air from outside the engine bay, unlike stock and "warm" air intakes which pull air from inside the engine bay. cooler air has a higer density than warm air(more oxygen molecules per unit of volume than warm air of the same volume). when the air meter reads that more air is coming in, it adds more fuel. more fuel + more air= more hp. granted, not all cai kits work the same. it also depends on where you are, and the outside airtemp. but on average, a cai performs better than a warm air intake.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P> Good answer Ashley..Nice to see that some of the knowledge that has been learned on this site has sunk in! You are correct.
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
mx3chom

Post by mx3chom »

thanks for the help guys, but do u think this will make more performance than what i have now. ractive heatshild filter with piping running down by bumper.<P>dominic
RIP 95 rs
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

a cai and a ram air setup are essentially the same. but i personally don't like the look of the ractive ram air. the cai looks a lot cleaner to me.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
cardomain pics

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”