HELP! '92 1.6ltr WON'T START DESPERATE

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
MX3FromLondon

HELP! '92 1.6ltr WON'T START DESPERATE

Post by MX3FromLondon »

This 92 MX3 4 cyl died, and been at garage for 3 weeks. Cranks, fuel, but no go... obviously ignition...<BR>Well, 2 different distributors, a new coil, and a different ignition module all tried and still no go. WEIRD!!!<P>Has primary ignition, but not 'pulse' to send spark out... hence the distributor(s) changes. <P>DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY INSIGHTS??? Is there some small bug in the ignition (besides the p.o.s. distributors) in these cars that kills the ignition? Any guidance appreciated. This has a very qualified mechanic totally baffled, and a young new MX3 owner very upset.<P>Do you think I will have to drag it to a Mazda Dealer? That could be an awfully expensive proposition?<P>Thanks all.<P>(Seems someone on the MX3 general discussion board has similar problem.) :(
white94mx3

Re: HELP! '92 1.6ltr WON'T START DESPERATE

Post by white94mx3 »

Strange...Is it getting Compression? Get a Compression Guage, and Check each cylinder (you remove the spark plug to attach a Compression guage) Check for Compression, if the Compression is Correct, then Check the Timing and se if it's correct. Did you say you check the Distributer? if not, check it. and also make sure that your "expert Mechanic" is setting the distributer Timing Correctly, Or else it May not function like it's suppose too, DId you try New Plug Wires? New Plugs? There are Thousands of things that may cause this Problem, Give me alittle more detail, and I'll try too figure this out alittle better.
1994 Mazda MX-3 RS (Project RS-T)
mazda_mx3_1992

Post by mazda_mx3_1992 »

hey gunner i had the same problem a few months ago. my mechanic checked everything and still couldnt figure it out. it was a fuse. but it was the main one under the hood. its in a little black box on the driver's side. the fuse itself i think is also black. it may sound stupid but it worked on my car. replaced it and my car started right up.
"GREAT MINDS, THINK FOR THEMSELVES"
MX3FromLondon

Post by MX3FromLondon »

Hey Mazdaspeed92. Thanks for the tip. Will drop by the car tomorrow and see what I can see. I sure think it's a little baffling bug like that which has beat us. I'll post results when I know more.<P>Tkx again for the tip.<P>Gunner ;)

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”