Turbos or New Engine??

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
KamiKazi

Turbos or New Engine??

Post by KamiKazi »

yes i just found turbos for a miata(which is same engine as mx-3) so i was wonderin should i just get some turbos for my engine now or just get another engine all together i'm lookin to get fast! Thanks!<P> [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
OsoSlo z28

Re: Turbos or New Engine??

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

how many turbos are you talking about? you only need one for your setup. you still have to worry about getting a manifold made. personally, i say do a motor swap. it's up to you, but you'll get more out of a motor swap than you would with just adding a turbo as far as a starting point goes.
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
Stevech_2001

Post by Stevech_2001 »

you could turbo your motor then feed to much boost and blow it up cause you didnt have engine management or you could go for a kl-ze (200) or kl-03(170 hp)... and huge torque....a complete change over to klze is 4300 Cnd at <A HREF="http://www.a-spec.ca" TARGET=_blank>www.a-spec.ca</A> check it out...but if ou do turbo get bigger injectors better fuel pump a fuel pressure regulator and maybe an apexi controller...dont boost past 7 -9 psi with no engine management just to play safe
Steve
KamiKazi

Post by KamiKazi »

ok thanks alot i think i'll go with an engine swap i appreciate it!<P> [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

why would you suggest that he get a v6 swap when he has a 4cyl. if anything, suggest a b6t or bpt swap. just my .02
"MR." Ashley Fowler
cardomain pics
KamiKazi

Post by KamiKazi »

so should i swap for a v6 of not?....would a v6 bolt right in?.... [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

you have to change almost everything from the bumper to the firewall. i personally don't think it's worth it. true, a-spec has a pretty good deal on swapping the i-4 with a v6....but you're in tenn, and they are in canada. for someone to do it here in the states, it will cost a lot more. especially since most places in the east aren't up to par on the mazda performance. if you are going to do this yourself or even if you are going to get a shop to do it, you'll save money doing a b6t or bpt swap.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
cardomain pics
Stevech_2001

Post by Stevech_2001 »

well aroud here a-spec has a good deal but ya b6t if you can even find one and a bpt is really expensive to do around here 2500 for just engine.....so do alittle research ask around find some engine importers in your area and you will be fine it just may take alittle while to get everything squared away jsut find what you have in your area
Steve
Hemer98

Post by Hemer98 »

A 626 6 cylinder engine will fit in the MX3 engine well, just some engine mods, like hoses and stuff, but nothing too hard to do.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”