Need info and advice on engin swap on a SOHC

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
neverenuff
Supporting Member

Need info and advice on engin swap on a SOHC

Post by neverenuff »

Hey people ,<BR> Well I am going to need a new motor very soon and I would like all the info and help I can get on this subject. I see alot of post on BPT and KLZE I have no idea what is what. Here is the deal I have a 92 SOHC MX-3 <BR>can enyone tell me what is the best swap what I need were I can get what I need and a ballpark price on what it is going to cost for parts. Also some one please tell me about the diferent motors. Oh and my mx=3 is an automatic not manual so what ever I get I want to keep it auto or if it is'nt that much more work then I will concider making manual. As much as I love my MX if it is going to cost me to much to do this then I will drain all oil put a cover over it stick it in the garage and maybe someday fix or give to one of my grand kids and have them finsh what I started so I just pray I don't have to hang up that wonderfull Key.
codene

Re: Need info and advice on engin swap on a SOHC

Post by codene »

Bpt would be a nice swap. aroudn $4500 for turn key. depends on who does it. if you dont get a manual you could always buy a chip that would raise the shift points to redline.
<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/mail_cory_here" TARGET=_blank>Codenes Car</A>

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”