Things you never knew were ther

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Justin

Things you never knew were ther

Post by Justin »

I just wanted to know what some of you noticed or found out about your cars after having them for a couple of years. For example, I have had my car since '98 and I just realized last week that the steering wheel is adjustable. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
Mx3Mazda

Re: Things you never knew were ther

Post by Mx3Mazda »

lol its called tilt... on my old car...(yes the one below) i realized that around the keyhole at night it lit up a green light it was SWEET!!<p>[ June 21, 2002: Message edited by: Mx3Mazda ]
Maddbuck

Post by Maddbuck »

I found out the automatic seat belts do lock when you brake hard, always wondered about that because I could never get them to lock by yanking on them like regular seat belts. Also if you keep the door open and drive it will automatically close even with the door open. I thought that was neat.
back alley

Post by back alley »

did you know we have a crotch warmer?<BR>mazda calls it a lap warmer - it's a small air vent that blows hot/cold air and is located at lap level - just follow the steering column down - oh, and it's adjustable too!
szuszanna

Post by szuszanna »

I found the green light when I finally got the clocks and all working in my first mx3. But yall have me curious about the crotch warmer thing, Ill have to check that out!
'92 Red Mx-3 RS
dam2009

Post by dam2009 »

:D .. after about 3 months.. wen't to get some coffee and when I got back I realized that I have no cup holder [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
MAZDASPEED STEVE

Post by MAZDASPEED STEVE »

The first day I got my MX I didn't know how to open the gas tank cover. I almost resorted to prying it open with my key. Duh! Did I look like an idiot at the gas station looking for a way to open my gas lid for about 15min.<BR>Since then I study the owners and shop manual.LOL :D
THANX
MAZDASPEED
STEVE
wgale

Post by wgale »

Crotch warmer eh! you probably didn't realize that it's also a crotch vent!!! for those hot summer days!!!
mattster

Post by mattster »

well i discovered the "touch" button on the door to be the greatest invention since sliced bread. i used to get shocked every time i closed my door on a dry day until i read in the manuel that by touching the touch button you ground out taking all the electricity out of you. mazda thought of everything. :D
92 Mazda MX-3 GS: blaze red, bone stock, and daily driver
86 RX-7 GXL: '94 LT1 V8, 6 speed tranny, scary fast. SOLD
93 Mazda RX7 R1 LS1/6speed... 75% complete

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mattsterrx7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
^link to my V8 swap page
aznwithamx3

Post by aznwithamx3 »

what does that hold button on the automatic shifter do?i saw it ,pressed it, and then a like came on by the clock then i was like what happened?
BumpNGlow

Post by BumpNGlow »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mattster:<BR><STRONG>well i discovered the "touch" button on the door to be the greatest invention since sliced bread. i used to get shocked every time i closed my door on a dry day until i read in the manuel that by touching the touch button you ground out taking all the electricity out of you. mazda thought of everything. :D</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I wondered what taht did!!!! lol!<P>and the hold button is kinda cool... if you are climbing a hill, and the car needs to downshift, you can press it, and it "usually" downshifts for ya. Also, if you are trying to race, you can use it to keep the gear until you want it to shift. Its a pretty cool button :D!
FOR SALE, AS A PARTS CAR

1994 Mazda MX-3 <-- 152dB's w/ 1 15
> Invited to '02 USACi World Finals, but did not compete due to stock alternator problems.
> Can't go to '03 USACi World Finals because I HAVE NOTHING LEFT!!
aznwithamx3

Post by aznwithamx3 »

whoa cool thanks for telling me what the hold button does.but can ne 1 tell me how much hp i got now.all i got is a front pipe,hi flow cat,muffler,and platinum sparkplugs.
Talon_66

Post by Talon_66 »

After a year I found the washer fluid holder for the rear window in the trunk.. lol, no wonder it never worked, it was empty.
93 GS, KLZE, KL31 ECU, Centerforce Stg 3 Clutch, 2.25" Exhaust w/Flowmaster muffler, OBX Headers, Pheno Spacers, Front & rear X-drilled/slotted Rotors, KVR pads, SS brake & clutch lines, Ractive Filter, H&R Springs, Tokico Blue Struts, 8mm Accel Wires, MSD 6A w/ Blaster 2 Coil, HVAC Indiglo Panel. *Sold*
06 Eclipse GT *Sold*
08 Evo X GSR *Current*
Justin

Post by Justin »

I realized that too, the washer fluid holder in the trunk, after I got a flat. Thought it was connected to the front
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

actually the term mazday uses for the "crotchwarmer" is a front louver. It was an optional accessory and 99% of mx's dont have it.
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”